Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Not necessarily. We'd be tied on damn. It'd come down to goals scored. If we're going to lose we need to put one or two in ourselves to feel better

Ger 3 - USA 1 and Port 3 - Ghana 0, we're ok.

Ger 3 - USA 2 and Ghana 2 - Port 1, we're ok.

But the hell what that. We're going to win this group.

Damn straight.:rock:

Not only factor and the number is 5. If you US loses by 2 and Portugal wins by 3. We're out. It's a combination of what they win by and what we lose by. Same with Ghana which the goal difference is only 1.

So if we lose and Ghana win, either match by any score, we're out and they'd be in.

I think we can avoid getting smoked by Germany, and I seriously doubt Portugal could beat Ghana like that.

So if we lose and Ghana win, either match by any score, we're out and they'd be in.

I think we can avoid getting smoked by Germany, and I seriously doubt Portugal could beat Ghana like that.

No. They would have to score more goals than us.

If USA loses 1-0 and Ghana wins 1-0, the first tiebreaker that could be used is head to head and we'd be in.
USA- 4 points, O damn, 4 GS
Ghana- 4 points, 0 damn, 4 GS

If USA loses 2-1 and Ghana wins 1-0, we'd have more goals scored. We'd be through.
USA- 4 points, 0 damn, 5 GS
Ghana, 4 ponts, 0 damn, 4 GS

If USA loses 1-0 and Ghana wins 2-1, they'd have more goals scored and then we'd be out.
Ghana- 4 points, 0 damn, 5 GS
USA- 4 points, 0 damn, 4 GS

Point being, it's not as simple as if we lose we are out. A lot more has to happen for Ghana and Portugal to find their ways through.

FIFA World Cup Tiebreakers
1. Greatest number of points obtained in all group matches.

2. Goal difference in all group matches.

3. Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

4. Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned.

5. Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned.

6. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned.

7. Drawing of lots by the FIFA Organizing Committee.

Last edited:
I always wonder why teams take 3 goalies. I would only take 2. Odds are really low that goalies get hurt, let alone 2.

Seems like a wasted roster spot.

I always wonder why teams take 3 goalies. I would only take 2. Odds are really low that goalies get hurt, let alone 2.

Seems like a wasted roster spot.

Not really. There have been tournaments where keepers pick up red cards or injuries, and you need a backup keeper on the bench. Besides there would still be 20 outfield roster spots anyways. FIFA has some stupid rules, that isn't one of them.

Not really. There have been tournaments where keepers pick up red cards or injuries, and you need a backup keeper on the bench. Besides there would still be 20 outfield roster spots anyways. FIFA has some stupid rules, that isn't one of them.

There have only been 4 teams that have used 3 goalies in history or World Cup. All were due to performance.

It's a dumb rule.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm glad for Nigeria getting to advance. I've always admired how they play. I've played with a lot of Nigerian players over the years, and I've always admired and was scared of the way that they challenged the ball. Many players mistook the way they came in with 'wow, he's arriving in a BAD MOOD.' Not the case at all. What they do is arrive with 100 percent conviction. There's a difference, and it's admirable.

VN Store

Back