Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

What is the reaction if FIFA only suspends Suarez for the 1st half of their next game or does nothing?

Greece, score two goals and give up four. Make it to the knockout round. The world cup version of some college basketball team winning their conference tournament even though they were 15-18 on the year.

Reactions: 1 person
James Rodriguez of Colombia is awesome.

Espn nightly show is great where they show the games in like 15 mins.

Greece, score two goals and give up four. Make it to the knockout round. The world cup version of some college basketball team winning their conference tournament even though they were 15-18 on the year.

It's Greece doing what Greece does. This has been their MO for years

Just a note about the Italy team. I remember Carlo Rossi and some of the great play that they have come up with over the years, but I'm glad to see them gone. When a team takes the field, they should play to win. The Italians didn't today. They were playing for a tie, and it was clear. Players in the second half got taken off by stretcher after receiving a scratch. The flopping continued until a goal was scored against them. Whole new team, after that fact. We actually got to see a few minutes of beautiful football from them before they fell. Sad that the floppers don't actually play until it's necessary. Same could be said for other teams, but Italy has gotten on my nerves for years for the dives.

Reactions: 1 person
Go GREECE, they deserved that win...controlled most of the match and had THREE Shots hit the crossbar. They outplayed CIV today.

Just a note about the Italy team. I remember Carlo Rossi and some of the great play that they have come up with over the years, but I'm glad to see them gone. When a team takes the field, they should play to win. The Italians didn't today. They were playing for a tie, and it was clear. Players in the second half got taken off by stretcher after receiving a scratch. The flopping continued until a goal was scored against them. Whole new team, after that fact. We actually got to see a few minutes of beautiful football from them before they fell. Sad that the floppers don't actually play until it's necessary. Same could be said for other teams, but Italy has gotten on my nerves for years for the dives.

Uruguay was equally as persistent with the flopping.

Italy was most definitely not playing for a draw. They came out with two strikers, something they have not done the two previous games. Replaced de Rossi with a much more attacking minded Veratti. That doesn't suggest some team that is going to pack it in.

While Greece is by far the worst team that will go on to the knockout stage, I don't agree with your analogy. They had a better Win/Tie/Loss record than Japan and Ivory Coast and ended up beating Ivory Coast to clinch the next round.

Uruguay was equally as persistent with the flopping.

Italy was most definitely not playing for a draw. They came out with two strikers, something they have not done the two previous games. Replaced de Rossi with a much more attacking minded Veratti. That doesn't suggest some team that is going to pack it in.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that topic. You must not have watched the game. In my post, I made it clear that Italy was a different team when they got down a goal. The 'injury' timeouts were ridiculous. They only needed a tie and then, when they needed an equalizer, played good football - and only then.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that topic. You must not have watched the game. In my post, I made it clear that Italy was a different team when they got down a goal. The 'injury' timeouts were ridiculous. They only needed a tie and then, when they needed an equalizer, played good football - and only then.

Once the realized Balotelli was on a mission to get sent off, they went into a little bit of a shell when they took him off.

Been out of town watching some of the games. Missing some so glad to be back home and getting to see most of them.

Really excited for USA vs Germany. Hopefully they will draw and both go through. Never liked C. Ronaldo much, too "pretty boy" looking or something.

I also have to bring up the obvious and say how annoying FIFA WC format is.

Saw that Suarez bite, and he needs to be suspended for the rest of the World Cup after that stunt. Kinda wish Liverpool would sell him to be rid of these antics.

He needs to just be thrown out of soccer for a year and left to think about how stupid he acts.

Some other thoughts...

The Uruguay/Italy game was just bad to watch. Games like that are what makes me really dislike soccer at times. Bad calls, silly behavior. Just play the damn game lol.

France has really surprised me. Didn't think they had that kind of scoring. Same with Costa Rica, didn't expect them to win 2 games. I thought one of Italy/England would be knocked out, not both. But I don't mind seeing some of the traditional powers suck.

And go Ghana. Even though you've been killing the USA i hope you pound Portugal.

I know the math says otherwise but I've never liked Portgual. Ideally I hope the USA and GER draw so it doesn't matter what occurs with Ghana and Portugal.

My dislike of Portugal doesn't not even come close to how much I want the US to go through. They would have to win like 6-0 to be a threat to go through. That ain't happening. Go Portugal.

My dislike of Portugal doesn't not even come close to how much I want the US to go through. They would have to win like 6-0 to be a threat to go through. That ain't happening. Go Portugal.

Not only factor and the number is 5. If you US loses by 2 and Portugal wins by 3. We're out. It's a combination of what they win by and what we lose by. Same with Ghana which the goal difference is only 1.

Not only factor and the number is 5. If you US loses by 2 and Portugal wins by 3. We're out. It's a combination of what they win by and what we lose by. Same with Ghana which the goal difference is only 1.
Not necessarily. We'd be tied on damn. It'd come down to goals scored. If we're going to lose we need to put one or two in ourselves to feel better

Ger 3 - USA 1 and Port 3 - Ghana 0, we're ok.

Ger 3 - USA 2 and Ghana 2 - Port 1, we're ok.

But the hell what that. We're going to win this group.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back