Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Knowing our luck, we'll beat Germany and South Korea and Algeria will pull the upsets to knock Belgium to 2H.

Let's go Yanks!

xAX1hDj.gif

Reactions: 2 people
England, Italy and Spain all failed to advance out of the group stage in the World Cup for the first time since 1974.

Reactions: 1 person
I have Belgium v France and Belgium winning it all in our VolNation Bracket...If the USA advance and play Belgium...I would be ecstatic to lose that bracket.

I'm guessing it comes down to our ability to limit them to one goal early and then get an equalizer. If it's 1-1 in the sixtieth minute I think you see both sides settle in for the tie. Bradley has to have his best match thus far in the tournament.

A lot of turmoil going down in the Ghana camp over money. One starter left the team supposedly. Not sure how to spell name. Boetang? Our chances for advancement looking better. I wonder how much info from that match Klinnsman will filter down to the players or if there are scoreboards in the stadium. If Portugal goes up 2 goals or so and we are tied, could we go for an attack in the 80 minute? Missing Belgium is worth trying for.

A lot of turmoil going down in the Ghana camp over money. One starter left the team supposedly. Not sure how to spell name. Boetang? Our chances for advancement looking better. I wonder how much info from that match Klinnsman will filter down to the players or if there are scoreboards in the stadium. If Portugal goes up 2 goals or so and we are tied, could we go for an attack in the 80 minute? Missing Belgium is worth trying for.

Mutari is out, too!

Muntari and Boateng both out today.

Personally I feel like we have a 30% chance of tieing and a 10% chance of winning. Not a knock on us, but germany is probably the most talented team in this entire World Cup.

Muntari and Boateng both out today.

Personally I feel like we have a 30% chance of tieing and a 10% chance of winning. Not a knock on us, but germany is probably the most talented team in this entire World Cup.

Pretty realistic odds. Unfortunately I think Ghana has as good of a chance of winning as we do losing.

I think they are about to stomp Portugal

Pretty realistic odds. Unfortunately I think Ghana has as good of a chance of winning as we do losing.

I think they are about to stomp Portugal

That's what worries me. A four-nil win for Ghana does not bode well for the US side. Think I'll go ahead and queue it up on the computer and watch the big game on the wide screen..

Need to sub Gonzo at halftime...on a yellow and we can't afford to go down to 10 men...then sub Jermaine Jones around the 70th min to assure he is available next round...

VN Store

Back