Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

With or without Altidore?

IMO, If he does return we have a great shot at making the QF.
If he's not back for Belgium we lose.

If the Swiss don't beat Argentina, we're toast there.

Highly optimistic I know. But I a feeling this is where we break through

I think we've looked really good without Altidore. If Bradley can continue to make adjustments and improve, we could be pretty dangerous for Belgium if everybody else plays like they have.

If he's not back for Belgium we lose.

If the Swiss don't beat Argentina, we're toast there.

Highly optimistic I know. But I a feeling this is where we break through

We looked amazing against Portugal without Altdiore. If we adjust our tactics, we are very capable of winning some games without him

We looked amazing against Portugal without Altdiore. If we adjust our tactics, we are very capable of winning some games without him

I might be in the minority on this one but I think the plan heading into the Germany game was to play for a draw. We didn't attempt to push as much as we did against Portugal. I agree with your statement above, I just believe with him coming back we could make a Cinderella run.

I might be in the minority on this one but I think the plan heading into the Germany game was to play for a draw. We didn't attempt to push as much as we did against Portugal. I agree with your statement above, I just believe with him coming back we could make a Cinderella run.

Germany took it easy too. They rested some folks. Looks like we played back mostly.

I think we can beat Belgium by a couple goals even without Altidore.

I take it back. Watched their tape again and they looked really good. Like, really really good. We'll definitely need all the attacking players we can get. I still say we can win if we start the game aggressive.

I take it back. Watched their tape again and they looked really good. Like, really really good. We'll definitely need all the attacking players we can get. I still say we can win if we start the game aggressive.

Talent wise, they're probably as good as just about anybody in the world with the exception of Germany and Brazil. However, they have exactly zero big tournament experience and haven't even come close to playing to their potential yet, so I don't really know what to make of our chances.

Reactions: 1 person
Germany took it easy too. They rested some folks. Looks like we played back mostly.

what.gif

I don't think we were watching the same game. Germany was going all out from the beginning. Yes, they took the foot off the petal in the last 10 minutes, but they certainly didn't take it easy on us or rested anyone.

Reactions: 2 people
No way France makes it all the way to the final. I'd like to see France play some harder competition before thinking they can make it to the final

what.gif

I don't think we were watching the same game. Germany was going all out from the beginning. Yes, they took the foot off the petal in the last 10 minutes, but they certainly didn't take it easy on us or rested anyone.

Klose and Podolski are not starters. Germany took it easy.

Last edited:
Klose and Podolski are not starters. Germany took it easy.

Podoloski starts his fair share of matches. Klose came in as a sub for him. Klose is only tied with Ronaldo as the most proficient goal scorer in the history of the WC. He almost had one against us. Doesn't seem like they were taking it that easy.

Podoloski starts his fair share of matches. Klose came in as a sub for him. Klose is only tied with Ronaldo as the most proficient goal scorer in the history of the WC. He almost had one against us. Doesn't seem like they were taking it that easy.

I know Germany. Trust me. It could have been much worse.

I know Germany. Trust me. It could have been much worse.

Yeah, it could've been much worse against Ghana too. Guess what, it wasn't.

Why are people so afraid to give credit to our guys? Even soccer fans are afraid of us taking off. What gives?

VN Store

Back