Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Here's the big question: does this spark Brazil going forward? They had a brush with death and now they need to see what needs fixing. Neymar is the only one carrying this team at the moment. I don't think they can win playing like this.

Here's the big question: does this spark Brazil going forward? They had a brush with death and now they need to see what needs fixing. Neymar is the only one carrying this team at the moment. I don't think they can win playing like this.

No. They may win against Columbia but France or Germany will destroy them. Too many back line problems IMO.

On the penalty kicks, is the kicker free to start running toward the kick and stopping or stuttering stepping before kicking to get the goalie to commit to a side?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

On the penalty kicks, is the kicker free to start running toward the kick and stopping or stuttering stepping before kicking to get the goalie to commit to a side?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes. And believe me, I hate it. Stupid. Should be banned. I'm not a soccer guy, but that's just dumb. Just like the keeper can't come out, the kicker should also not be allowed to just fart around out there.

Just kick the damn ball.

RNIz6Sk.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Yes!

Did any of you read this clown's statement concerning his suspension? Good grief.

Anyhow, I don't want to be that guy, but the reaction to Suarez's antics speak to the character of soccer. In any "American" sport, his ass would have been beat down. And he couldn't sue you in court (and I'm sure a pathetic ******* like him would try). He's the one attacking and biting you. Maybe suits work differently elsewhere. I don't know.

If that son of a ***** bit me out on a soccer field, his ass would be biting dirt pretty quick.

Please understand that I'm not bashing soccer; rather, I'm pointing out another obstacle (whether fair or foul) that confronts the American public in its full acceptance of soccer, who would probably also desire to see someone beat his ass into a pulp.

Hell, I love the World Cup. Just get tired of guys letting other guys run over them.

And please, no one interpret my last post as bashing on the sport. I like soccer. I love the World Cup. I'm just telling you why the general American public might have a more difficult time accepting the sport.

VN Store

Back