Official Depth Chart vs Austin Peay

I hope the 2nd and 3rd team are ready for a lot of reps, Austin Peay may bring the worst team to ever play at Neyland Stadium. It is going to get ugly, the Vols may set a record for rushing yards

Well one thing is for sure is the second and third team will get a lot of reps on Saturday so this depth chart can drastically change by next week. Glad they didn't force Maggit in I say let him sit and rest until Oregon the same for Smith.

Some surprises for me...

1.) Daniel Hood starting over Mo Couch? Couch to back up McCullers? Thought for sure that the starting interior DL would be Couch and McCullers. Also, Hood has really lost some weight at 277! Wasn't he like 290 last year?

2.) Gilliam to back up Tiny? Where's Posey or Pair?

3.) Woody Quinn in the 3 deep at TE but no mention at all of Justin Meredith?

4.) Tom Smith as the #3 over Alden Hill? What happened to Hill?

Last edited:
Te biggest surprise to me was Jaron Tony starting at Nickle. Surely this won't be the case by Conference play

If we have any injuries at LB or DB this season could get ugly, and you almost have to expect injuries. We have been thin at these positions for several years now, that is another indictment of Dooley for not fixing that in the three years he was here.

Butch said today that Maggitt might play some this weekend. Said he will practice all week and it will be a gametime decision.

Depth at CB is going to be an issue again. Losing Gordon and Riyahd Jones really hurt us. I hope we can manage but I see a lot of big plays getting put on this D again. We can stop the run, but the DBs are our weak point IMO.

That being said, I hear a lot of praise for Cameron Sutton. Being #2 on PR and a starting CB says a lot about his athletic ability as a freshman. North will be a bright spot, as well as Pig. This offense will really bring out Pig's talents as a slot guy.

I say we see Croom as a standing TE but maybe not. He's so big and still faster than most LB's. That's a solid matchup all day. Really glad we get to see him on the field. Momma must be so proud!

VN Store

Back