Official Depth Chart vs Austin Peay

Everyone relax, this is the depth chart for the live practice on saturday. I hear there should be close to 100,000 fans in attendance.

Reactions: 1 person
It might surprise some to know that Jaron Toney has more starts and more games played than any other CB behind Coleman (some of those are at RB).

It might depress some that Toney and Coleman are the only two that have any experience as Vols at the CB position.

If AJ comes out or gets injured, I'm guessing they move Maggitt or King inside and not Propst. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Greg King, who has been around since Kiffin and Propst as backups...wow...we may be in for a long year. Where are Bynum, Harris and J. King? What about Maybin at OLB? He was supposed to be a stud Frosh.

Haven't heard much about him since the end of spring camp. Everyone predicted that would happen once the freshmen got on campus.

I believe you will see him in 3rd down plays where we need 3-4 yards for a 1st down...He can get YAC if open...

One thing we are forgetting is some of the 3 and 4 deep players are on special teams...Crump, who was not listed on the 2 deep chart is a good ST player. Some of the others may also be on these teams like Orta, Harris, Bynum, Maybin, etc. Not sure who is on these squads.

If all these guys that y'all are freaking out about arent up there, maybe were more talented than you think, instead of the other way around. If those guys were more talented, they would be in front of them
When they're losing out to walk ons it doesn't say we're more talented than we thought. It says that we're screwed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's showing Dylan Wiesman as a red shirt sophomore. Any chance they have the name wrong and it's supposed to be Posey? Or is it the wrong year? Haven't read CBJ's comments yet.

Starting lineup looks ok for the most part.
Second team scares me...
We gotta get more depth soon.

361kwi.jpg

That is definitely a 7 - 8 win roster. I think Butch has to win 9 to truly over-achieve.

Well, after following Dooley, 8 will do.

We could use Deion Bonner, Daniel Gray and Izauea Lanier right about now.. CB is very very thin since Jones is out. It was thin before he went down.

That is definitely a 7 - 8 win roster. I think Butch has to win 9 to truly over-achieve.

Well, after following Dooley, 8 will do.

I would agree, but I don't think we will be able to throw the ball, catch the ball or stop the other team from throwing it. At least not well.

Other than that we look pretty good.

3 non conf. wins and we should (or better damn well) beat UK, Vandy and Auburn.

I hold out hope that we can get a solid road victory against Mizzou, but since they beat us in K-ville last year I dont want to hope too much. I guess if that loss last year was more a function of the coach and not of the talent, then maybe we can win it this year.

If we can beat Auburn, we can beat Mizzou. Despite Auburn's record last year they have recruited way WAY better than Mizzou has the last couple of years!

Most speculated spot in the offseason = Wide Receiver. QB was of course the headliner, but most assumed Worley would get the early nod. Now, seriously, did anyone see these 6 WRs being the two deep? Not me. Here was my best guess this summer:

WR: 1Dallas, 2Blanc
WR: 1Croom, 2North
Slot: 1Pig, 2Bowles
... pt for Young, Carter, Harris, and maybe Jenkins.

Looks like North came in as-advertised and Josh Smith set the place on fire. Interesting that Dallas is in the 2 deep. They loved his attitude in the switch, but I'm sure they let him know the depth chart before he jumped over. Great to have him for insurance if we lose a CB or Nickel.
We sure could have used that kid from GA that loved laptops and some other busts of the Dooley tenure at CB. We thiiiin and gonna get tested early. I'm certainly no OC, but I know where "Goal #1" of the game plan will be until our corners prove their mettle.

Interested. What did ya'll think would happen.

Most speculated spot in the offseason = Wide Receiver. QB was of course the headliner, but most assumed Worley would get the early nod. Now, seriously, did anyone see these 6 WRs being the two deep? Not me. Here was my best guess this summer:

WR: 1Dallas, 2Blanc
WR: 1Croom, 2North
Slot: 1Pig, 2Bowles
... pt for Young, Carter, Harris, and maybe Jenkins.

Looks like North came in as-advertised and Josh Smith set the place on fire. Interesting that Dallas is in the 2 deep. They loved his attitude in the switch, but I'm sure they let him know the depth chart before he jumped over. Great to have him for insurance if we lose a CB or Nickel.
We sure could have used that kid from GA that loved laptops and some other busts of the Dooley tenure at CB. We thiiiin and gonna get tested early. I'm certainly no OC, but I know where "Goal #1" of the game plan will be until our corners prove their mettle.

Interested. What did ya'll think would happen.

I expected to see Jacob Carter in the two deep. He got a lot of play on last year's roster behind three receivers that were starting locks. Hard to imagine that Dallas and Young will be more productive than he would've been.

VN Store

Back