Official Fall Camp Thread

First time hearing Tiny speak, but he's very well-spoken.

Also was practice indoors or outdoors?

i want to say thanks for all the links and videos that have been posted :hi:

this is a good question too,are they practicing in the AC or under the sun ? it is the South,all though it is hard to tell the last little bit :)

Reactions: 1 person
If you look at the bio's of the current Tennessee staff, in addition to the continuity of 8 of the coaches with Butch (remember last year), it is quite possible that the pedigree of all combined may be the best of any coaching staff ever at the University of Tennessee. That bodes well for the current season. I predict an upset in the big 5.

Reactions: 1 person
then does anyone have a schedule of practice times and days? For instance, when is today's (Aug 3) practice time? Another afternoon practice? Never ye dang mind, I found it posted in another thread as such:

Tuesday, July 31 — Preseason Media Luncheon, Neyland Stadium
Thursday, Aug. 1 – Reporting Day
Friday, Aug. 2 — 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 3 — 3:40 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 4 — 4:40 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 5 — 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 6 — 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 7 — 7:10 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 8 – No open practice
Friday, Aug. 9 — 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 10 — 9 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 11 — No open practice
Monday, Aug. 12 — 9 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 13 — 3:40 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 14 — 9 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 15 — Media Day, 4 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 16 — 12:15 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 17 — 9 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 18 — 2:10 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 19 — 3:30 p.m.
Aug. 20-21 — No open practices
Aug. 21 — First day of class
Thursday, Aug. 22 — 3 p.m.
Aug. 23-25 — No open practices
Aug. 31 — Season opener against Austin Peay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by tomq_123; 07-23-2013 at 12:53 PM..
tomq_123 is online now VN Likes: 9 Like This Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message TOP

tomq_123
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by tomq_123
Add tomq_123 to Your Contacts

Old 07-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Last edited:
Aug. 3, 2013

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Saturday's second day of Tennessee football training camp showed that the players would respond strongly to critiques and the video breakdown from the first practice.

Head coach Butch Jones noted that the freshman wide receivers stood out as a group on Saturday, a promising sign for a team that looks to replace a 2012 receiving corps that is now in the NFL.

"I was very encouraged by the freshman wide receivers," Jones said. "I think they improved our football team."

Jones had praise for the freshman receivers, saying that they have digested the playbook and are adapting well to the speed of college football.

"They've really added a competitive component to the offense, which is greatly needed," he said.

The team as a whole returned to the field ready and composed, showing improvement from a grueling first day.

"We challenged them and this group is extremely prideful." Jones said. "It was an okay practice, but our standard here is a little bit more. I like the way we came back and we battled."

Some of the young wideouts' counterparts also had a strong showing on day two, as the return of Brian Randolph and safety battle between Byron Moore and LaDarrell McNeil reflect the depth in middle of the UT secondary.

"It is a battle," Jones said. "First of all, getting Brian Randolph back, you can see the recovery from spring ball to now. He's quicker, he's stronger. With McNeil and Byron, there's just day-to-day competition. Competition is healthy, but it also helps us in the special teams game as well."

Reactions: 2 people
Aug. 3, 2013

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Saturday's second day of Tennessee football training camp showed that the players would respond strongly to critiques and the video breakdown from the first practice.

Head coach Butch Jones noted that the freshman wide receivers stood out as a group on Saturday, a promising sign for a team that looks to replace a 2012 receiving corps that is now in the NFL.

"I was very encouraged by the freshman wide receivers," Jones said. "I think they improved our football team."

Jones had praise for the freshman receivers, saying that they have digested the playbook and are adapting well to the speed of college football.

"They've really added a competitive component to the offense, which is greatly needed," he said.

The team as a whole returned to the field ready and composed, showing improvement from a grueling first day.

"We challenged them and this group is extremely prideful." Jones said. "It was an okay practice, but our standard here is a little bit more. I like the way we came back and we battled."

Some of the young wideouts' counterparts also had a strong showing on day two, as the return of Brian Randolph and safety battle between Byron Moore and LaDarrell McNeil reflect the depth in middle of the UT secondary.

"It is a battle," Jones said. "First of all, getting Brian Randolph back, you can see the recovery from spring ball to now. He's quicker, he's stronger. With McNeil and Byron, there's just day-to-day competition. Competition is healthy, but it also helps us in the special teams game as well."

Fantastic! Thanks :good!:

Freshman receivers.

6416437947_6c56ccbf5c_z.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Daniel Hood compares this defense to Wilcox's and says it'd be a shame if we didn't end up as a top 20 defensive team.

Reactions: 3 people
You should think before you speak. It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

VN Store

Back