Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Kj0BWb.gif

Well funny enough...regradless of my rants..I do believe in +/- waves. If I curse my job under my breath I can probably expect curses and such. Like a karma thing

61SpqRjvn-L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
I have one of those cars in my 'yard' turning back into earth. If ANYBODY wants it, I will GIVE it to you. Free. It looks nothing like the one above other than the shape, and you would spend thousands getting it to look like that. But... if you are interested, come and get it. I'll even help you load it on your trailer.

You watch guys make me remember why I have a good retirement, my everyday watch is a Casio with a plastic band and my good watch is a Seiko that has had a dead battery for 10 years.
My every day watch is a Seiko with self winding/charging. From the Kinetic line. It’s got a titanium case so even though it’s a good size case it’s actually very light.

Reactions: AM64
You watch guys make me remember why I have a good retirement, my everyday watch is a Casio with a plastic band and my good watch is a Seiko that has had a dead battery for 10 years.

Exactly. NEO got me started, and I dug out my Citizen Eco-Drive put it in the light to get it charged and running. Even reset everything, and it's connected nightly to WWV for the time update. It's sitting on my desk at home. I need to get the dead battery our of my good watch - the Breitling before something happens. The likelihood of either being on my wrist anytime soon is zip. I really like watches, but I don't use one after retirement.

I have one of those cars in my 'yard' turning back into earth. If ANYBODY wants it, I will GIVE it to you. Free. It looks nothing like the one above other than the shape, and you would spend thousands getting it to look like that. But... if you are interested, come and get it. I'll even help you load it on your trailer.

McPops might take you up on that. Never had one myself, but my neighbor friend back in late 70's had one that he was restroring. The family vehicle was a Gremlin and they had just moved from Chicago. I was only about 12 but I remember him telling me how they had such a modest home in Chicago and when they moved to Chatt. they picked up the nicest home in the hood. I will bet @Orangeslice13 even knows which one I am talking about up on Big Ridge.

As a kid it opened my eyes to COL in different parts of nation.

McPops might take you up on that. Never had one myself, but my neighbor friend back in late 70's had one that he was restroring. The family vehicle was a Gremlin and they had just moved from Chicago. I was only about 12 but I remember him telling me how they had such a modest home in Chicago and when they moved to Chatt. they picked up the nicest home in the hood. I will bet @Orangeslice13 even knows which one I am talking about up on Big Ridge.

As a kid it opened my eyes to COL in different parts of nation.
He does.

My every day watch is a Seiko with self winding/charging. From the Kinetic line. It’s got a titanium case so even though it’s a good size case it’s actually very light.

Love titanium cases - my Breitling is titanium - light and indestructible like the tub they put in the A-10 to protect the pilot.

My dad sent me a self winding Seiko in 1968 from Vietnam for Christmas. I still have it somewhere, the band might fit my big toe now days.

Exactly. NEO got me started, and I dug out my Citizen Eco-Drive put it in the light to get it charged and running. Even reset everything, and it's connected nightly to WWV for the time update. It's sitting on my desk at home. I need to get the dead battery our of my good watch - the Breitling before something happens. The likelihood of either being on my wrist anytime soon is zip. I really like watches, but I don't use one after retirement.
My 2nd oldest brother is a big watch guy and he found a Rolex my father had that he bought in the early 50's for somewhere around $500. I never developed the gene that thought expensive stuff was cool or necessary. Hobbies are expensive and everyone needs to have at least one or two good ones.

My 2nd oldest brother is a big watch guy and he found a Rolex my father had that he bought in the early 50's for somewhere around $500. I never developed the gene that thought expensive stuff was cool or necessary. Hobbies are expensive and everyone needs to have at least one or two good ones.

My two good hobbies are languishing on a shelf. Bagpipes and a sailing ship. Open heart and and rotator cuff surgeries sidelined the bagpipes, and it's hard to get restarted. The ship is basically a big box of pieces of wood, and I haven't exactly figured out where to build something that's like 3 feet long and hours and hours of work ... and how not to have cat and wife help in the process - I can loose small parts very well all on my own.

I bought a fake Rolex Mariner in Manila. Does that count?

So... Lady Gaga's dogs get stolen and she offers $500K for their safe return.

Oh, and the dog walker was shot in the chest.

I really hope she gets those mutts back.

Casio and Seiko build a great watch. Seiko actually produces quite a few calibers for other watch houses.

5 Star QB Ty Simpson from Martin, TN. chose Alabama today to play there under Saban.
Ty Simpson claimed for years he's been a Big TN Vol Fan growing up hoping one day to play there & to represent his state. Fans in the FF are trashing him and his choice of where he's going. Fans have been let down again by a highly ranked TN player by choosing to go play for it's biggest archenemy.
You can pretty much guarentee the kid we wont have the same head coach by the time he leaves or graduates. Dobbs is the only one since Ainge.
We dont put people in the league, we dont win, we dont develop.
We have impending NCAA penalties.
Just came off our worst year ever.

Reactions: clarksvol00
You can pretty much guarentee the kid we wont have the same head coach by the time he leaves or graduates. Dobbs is the only one since Ainge.

Things are change, I can feel it!

5 Star QB Ty Simpson from Martin, TN. chose Alabama today to play there under Saban.
Ty Simpson claimed for years he's been a Big TN Vol Fan growing up hoping one day to play there & to represent his state. Fans in the FF are trashing him and his choice of where he's going. Fans have been let down again by a highly ranked TN player by choosing to go play for it's biggest archenemy.

Can you blame him?

Reactions: clarksvol00

I got no links for you but I have a guy feeling this guy will succeed here. I have never said that about any coach since Kiffin. I think we are all gonna be pleased.

Hey, it could be worse. 2021 is just getting started.

VN Store

Back