Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Best tires? I like Michelins, but have a set of Continentals which I have never had before and I like em.

My Michellines wore prematurely, I think.

I shop at bestusedtires.com. and tirerack.com. can find some good deals.

I had a set of El Dorados on my old Camaro....yes raised letter and hard as heck, but worthless for handling and rain.

What do you like? I love a fresh set of rubber...Smoooooth.

Best tires? I like Michelins, but have a set of Continentals which I have never had before and I like em.

I've liked the Cooper tires I've had recently. I had to replace the really expensive Z rated Bridgestones that came on my car, and the much less expensive Z rated Coopers haven't let me down. Even my wife didn't manage to destroy the Coopers that I put on her car. Go to Tire Rack and other places for test results - I look hardest at wet weather performance - especially braking and turning since that's were you are most likely to get into trouble. Also try to find anything that discusses long term performance; most tires are good in the beginning.

I've liked the Cooper tires I've had recently. I had to replace the really expensive Z rated Bridgestones that came on my car, and the much less expensive Z rated Coopers haven't let me down. Even my wife didn't manage to destroy the Coopers that I put on her car. Go to Tire Rack and other places for test results - I look hardest at wet weather performance - especially braking and turning since that's were you are most likely to get into trouble. Also try to find anything that discusses long term performance; most tires are good in the beginning.

I like rain confidence...Underrated criteria IMO. They have those rain tires now where tread depth is canted for wear. Not sure how those are.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I had a set of El Dorados on my old Camaro....yes raised letter and hard as heck, but worthless for handling and rain.

What do you like? I love a fresh set of rubber...Smoooooth.
I don't do much aggresive driving. Don't care about handling. I want performance in weather, quiet, and durable.

You old geezers are too rich for my blood if you're running Z rated tires, holy crap batman those are rated for over 150 mph!!!

Reactions: AM64
My Michellines wore prematurely, I think.

I shop at bestusedtires.com. and tirerack.com. can find some good deals.

TireRack has been pretty good, but you do have to shop around for mounting and balancing. I've even been charged for new stems by the installer when TireRack included new stems with the tires. They claimed they had to put their stems in because you never knew about the others ...

TireRack has been pretty good, but you do have to shop around for mounting and balancing. I've even been charged for new stems by the installer when TireRack included new stems with the tires. They claimed they had to put their stems in because you never knew about the others ...
I go to a used tire place close to me. $10 per wheel to pull old tire and mount the new.

Reactions: AM64

You run N2?

VN Store

Back