Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

You old geezers are too rich for my blood if you're running Z rated tires, holy crap batman those are rated for over 150 mph!!!

Yeah, but if that's what comes on the car, tire dealers claim replacements have to be Z.

I go to a used tire place close to me. $10 per wheel to pull old tire and mount the new.

I used to drive 1 hour to Summerville in North Georgia to get tires at this hole in wall. They could offer Michelins chaeper than any major outlet. Traffic would be backed up almost onto the highway at a bad time. Guess they just had no overhead.

Reactions: McDad and AM64
I used to drive 1 hour to Summerville in North Georgia to get tires at this hole in wall. They could offer Michelins chaeper than any major outlet. Traffic would be backed up almost onto the highway at a bad time. Guess they just had no overhead.
Same for this place I go. No advertising. No amenities. But 8 cars deep at times.

My truck is a F150, stomp the gas and the dashboard flips you off as it goes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I might downshift if

Reactions: AM64
No, but that might reduce the frustration with pressure change and low profile tires when the weather changes. Although my current tire pressure warning seems to be more the sensors than the inflation - pretty much constant now.

Question for your scientific mind...assuming same pressure, will N2 leak easier or faster in event of leak? Just having fun.

My truck is a F150, stomp the gas and the dashboard flips you off as it goes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I might downshift if .

My wife and I have always had manual transmissions, but that's pretty certainly not going to be available in her next car, so she asked what I though about paddle shifters. My answer was I never really thought about them at all, but overall they seem to be a gimmick. I suppose they could be an answer to an automatic that can't seem to get the message, though.

Reactions: Orangeburst
My wife and I have always had manual transmissions, but that's pretty certainly not going to be available in her next car, so she asked what I though about paddle shifters. My answer was I never really thought about them at all, but overall they seem to be a gimmick. I suppose they could be an answer to an automatic that can't seem to get the message, though.

Clutchless society.

Question for your scientific mind...assuming same pressure, will N2 leak easier or faster in event of leak? Just having fun.

No clue, but remember air is supposedly about 78% nitrogen, so I'd tend to think there wouldn't be a tremendous difference. I'll leave that one up to the chemistry types.

I've driven a few hundred thousand miles with a manual transmission and I've gotten to the point where I done with them. The good thing is I can drive any car put in front of me. Most people now days don't have a clue how to drive a stick.

I've driven a few hundred thousand miles with a manual transmission and I've gotten to the point where I done with them. The good thing is I can drive any car put in front of me. Most people now days don't have a clue how to drive a stick.

The beer can wont hold itself.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88

If you have a 3 speed you don't even have to lock your doors now a days.

no idea really, but just thinking about it I doubt you would see much of a difference if any. considering both are under the same pressure and same volume.

not a chemical or mechanical guy but I don't think various gases handle much differently when pressurized. at least considering what 64 said about the compositions.

no idea really, but just thinking about it I doubt you would see much of a difference if any. considering both are under the same pressure and same volume.

not a chemical or mechanical guy but I don't think various gases handle much differently when pressurized. at least considering what 64 said about the compositions.

I was just messin. The N2 molecules are smaller, yet the orfice or leak is fixed size, so no difference. More N2 molecules escape, but there are more contained.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
How about "three on the tree"? Hey that is not a blinker

I drove an old Austin when stationed on Okinawa. The column shifter actually worked backwards from our old column shifters - it was enough to confuse just about anybody - but it was a car and a way to get from A to B.

Prince Philip Is Moved to 2nd Hospital, Raising Concerns About His Health

He's only 99 years old. Why is it that the aristocrats of the world seem to live forever?

Amazing isn't it. A 52 yo mother of two driving home from her son's baseball game the other day & a tire from a truck came off on the interstate up the road bounced & crashed into her driver's side windshield killing her. Some people live long lives to be 99-100 & others go much younger than expected. It's a mystery in life that nobody has an answer for.

VN Store

Back