Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Found out my sister will be graduating in Neyland in May.

They are only doing a couple of the professional degree programs, and limiting seating to 4 guests max. Apparently you have to sign up early if you actually want to walk the stage, also gets you on the jumbotron. Rain or shine.

Told her I am coming decked out in UT paraphernalia, and that I will "Woo" when she crosses the stage.

May be the closest I get to a UT football game in at least 2 years, may end up as more.

ss19hypor1111.jpg

Lawyers.

They are only doing a couple of the professional degree programs, and limiting seating to 4 guests max. Apparently you have to sign up early if you actually want to walk the stage, also gets you on the jumbotron. Rain or shine.

Told her I am coming decked out in UT paraphernalia, and that I will "Woo" when she crosses the stage.

May be the closest I get to a UT football game in at least 2 years, may end up as more.
Congrats to her. I'll give you 5 whole dollars if you streak during the ceremony.

After you attend more than one graduation ceremony you will praise the times when they get cancelled.

After you attend more than one graduation ceremony you will praise the times when they get cancelled.

I skipped both of mine, but I've had the "pleasure" of attending too many others. Hopefully now that my wife and son both have the title of Dr (not MD) that's all done. And I gotta tell you paying for those fancy robes with all the stripes on the sleeves and funny floppy hats are expensive ... and only slightly more useful than a wedding dress ... assuming participating in graduation ceremonies for others.

Reactions: VolStrom and hog88

I was reading a book earlier and ran across something I'd read before. During the war in Viet Nam there was a Wild Weasel team ... Tom and Jerry. Jerry Hoblit was the pilot and Tom Wilson the guy in the back seat handling the electronics. There are some interesting stories told about them. Tom Wilson wrote a series of novels starting with Termite Hill ... good reading.

Excerpt from an Air&Space magazine article:

Hoblit vividly remembers being trumped by the Vinh operator during a night mission. "I had a preplanned strike launch all figured out coming off the water, where I used the radar and got a good range on him," Hoblit says. "So I was doing this trick and it was a pretty high angle. I think I was launching [a lofted delivery of the missile] around 30 degrees. And right after I launched that Shrike, I'm still kind of floating and up comes the Fan Song [transmitting a launch signal]. I'm all out of airspeed and about everything and it's night, and I'm over an undercast everything went from good to bad in an instant. And Tom [Wilson, Hoblit's EWO] is yelling at me, calling me a very bad name." Hoblit doesn't think the operator actually fired a missile at him, but knows his own attack against the Vinh operator failed miserably. "That was typical. I wasn't so dumb. He was just smart," Hoblit says.

VN Store

Back