Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I went to my own graduation because my parents said I was going as they wanted to see me get that diploma. Otherwise I would have blown it off.
My roommate sleep through his commencement but luckily he didn't go to the specific school graduation so he was able to throw all his stuff on and meet his family at TB like nothing happened.

Reactions: AM64
Son‘s college graduation was like a week before daughter‘s HS graduation, so I got to do a twofer. Worst part was my in laws came and stayed for both.
It's an awkward transition between college and in laws. I'm glad those days are over for me.

Didn’t attend my first college graduation, because hubby was having gallbladder surgery... Might attend mine for my Masters next year, haven’t decided yet... having to work them as part of my part-time “fun” job has turned me off almost completely... 😉

Didn’t attend my first college graduation, because hubby was having gallbladder surgery... Might attend mine for my Masters next year, haven’t decided yet... having to work them as part of my part-time “fun” job has turned me off almost completely... 😉

Most of the speakers are overrated. Although a few have made the experience almost worth the pain. You probably wouldn't be familiar with him, but Andy Holt was the speaker at my HS graduation. He was without a doubt why I did a last minute application to UT when other plans hit a snag.

Reactions: SumSoonerChick
That place was overrated. Order the surf and turf and you ordered sand in your lobster.
I worked there in high school. I made it a point to go there when I graduated. And honestly the family all remembered me and congratulated me. I thought they were good people.

But let’s be honest back in that day if fell off quick after Copper Cellar and Regas.

Most of the speakers are overrated. Although a few have made the experience almost worth the pain. You probably wouldn't be familiar with him, but Andy Holt was the speaker at my HS graduation. He was without a doubt why I did a last minute application to UT when other plans hit a snag.
I’m the only one in my immediate family who has ever graduated anything... if my parents were still alive, I would do it for them, otherwise, I hate all the pomp and circumstance!

I earned my degree so I wanted to walk. About the only thing I am proud of.
Oh I did too. We all did. Toughest accomplishment in my life I’d guess. But I really didn’t get into that whole scene. But I’ll be honest I’ve still got the picture of Dr Snyder handing me the proxy “diploma” and shaking my hand. He even knew my name.

Oh I did too. We all did. Toughest accomplishment in my life I’d guess. But I really didn’t get into that whole scene. But I’ll be honest I’ve still got the picture of Dr Snyder handing me the proxy “diploma” and shaking my hand. He even knew my name.
We had a small graduation, 60 people, so no real fluff, and both speeches were actually by people we all respected. So no complaints.

The dean knowing your name isn't necessarily a good thing, lol.

Hi Dink how you been my friend ?

Man, things are starting to creep back into normalcy in my world. I'm back to work, opening up a new restaurant with my previous employers here in Knoxville. Been seeing someone for most of this year, but she's moving back to Europe pretty soon as vaccines get out and restrictions lift, but we're parting on good terms.

Can't really complain. How about you?

Reactions: McDad
Dean William T Snyder you boob. Not Dean Snyder.

200.gif

Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back