Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Is Walmart tire able to reprogram/ relearn/sync aftermarket TPMS?
Should be able to. The system we use is a Bartec scanner and Schrader EZ sensor replacement sensors. Had a customer with an 09 Tahoe come in the other day with a sensor he bought at O’Reilly’s. First sensor I couldn’t detect, he came back with another one and I was able to get the system back in working order. Chevy’s are a PITA. Most other automakers relearn while driving.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Should be able to. The system we use is a Bartec scanner and Schrader EZ sensor replacement sensors. Had a customer with an 09 Tahoe come in the other day with a sensor he bought at O’Reilly’s. First sensor I couldn’t detect, he came back with another one and I was able to get the system back in working order. Chevy’s are a PITA. Most other automakers relearn while driving.
I bought some from Pacific. Need an ODB relearn for my Acura. Other shops couldn't find the tpms signal coming from my tires. Suggestions?

He went by Bill.
Yes he did. But I knew him as Dr Snyder, I did not have that familiarity. I wasn’t ever that close to him not trying to pass that off by any means. It just struck me that he remembered my name at graduation is all.

Are you an engineering grad weez?

Edit: and I believe he still goes by Bill to those who know him. I am pretty sure he’s still alive.

Reactions: AM64
Yes he did. But I knew him as Dr Snyder, I did not have that familiarity. I wasn’t ever that close to him not trying to pass that off by any means. It just struck me that he remembered my name at graduation is all.

Are you an engineering grad weez?

Edit: and I believe he still goes by Bill to those who know him. I am pretty sure he’s still alive.

I didn't know him personally. Met him once or twice. He was always introduced as Bill. Never heard him introduced as William. I mean, I figured he was a William since Bill is often a diminutive of William, but just never heard him referred to as William.

And no, I wasn't an engineering grad.

But he always seemed like a nice guy.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
I bought some from Pacific. Need an ODB relearn for my Acura. Other shops couldn't find the tpms signal coming from my tires. Suggestions?
Our scanner doesn’t have any problems detecting sensors. If that’s the issue with yours, then you’ve either got a bad batch or they don’t work with Honda/Acura systems.

I didn't know him personally. Met him once or twice. He was always introduced as Bill. Never heard him introduced as William. I mean, I figured he was a William since Bill is often a diminutive of William, but just never heard him referred to as William.

And no, I wasn't an engineering grad.

But he always seemed like a nice guy.
I only met him as a plebe student. He was Dr Snyder. But he was very approachable and possessed a friendly demeanor. And he was universally respected from what I recall. That was my impression.

Our scanner doesn’t have any problems detecting sensors. If that’s the issue with yours, then you’ve either got a bad batch or they don’t work with Honda/Acura systems.
I'll take it to my local Walmart tire and see what they say.
Thanks, bro

Reactions: AM64 and MG1968
I only met him as a plebe student. He was Dr Snyder. But he was very approachable and possessed a friendly demeanor. And he was universally respected from what I recall. That was my impression.
I probably met him long after you, when he was chancellor, but the situation was more social.

I probably met him long after you, when he was chancellor, but the situation was more social.
Was he Chancellor In 1976? If so then I‘ve got his autograph on my Chancellor’s Citation for Extraordinary Academic Achievement. Have to dig that thing out again one of these days and hang it on the wall of my double wide at work. I don’t have such a good memory for detail but you’d think I would remember who handed me that thing some 45 years ago.

Was he Chancellor In 1976? If so then I‘ve got his autograph on my Chancellor’s Citation for Extraordinary Academic Achievement. Have to dig that thing out again one of these days and hang it on the wall of my double wide at work. I don’t have such a good memory for detail but you’d think I would remember who handed me that thing some 45 years ago.
No he was Chancellor in the 90’s. Dean of the college of Engineering before that but dont remember the time span.

No. He became chancellor in '92.

Even Chancellor Reese called you Ravin Dave cool!
LOL. That moniker was about a year and a half old at the time. Co-oping at an old BFG rubber plant in Louisville in winter (and summer) of 1975, the old curmudgeonly chemist who ran the lab (with an iron fist), when confronting me and my buddy who was a newly graduated chemist with the last name of Simon, quipped, “Well if it ain’t Ravin’ Dave and Rhymin’ Simon!”

If you’re in the area, I work in Ft. Oglethorpe, GA. Shop hours are currently noon to 6pm.

Quick question. The tires have to be removed to replace the sensors from the looks of them? And the sensor battery appears to be a round lithium cell that lasts lasts maybe up to ten years?

VN Store

Back