Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Hey @Grand Vol, I’m pretty sure the bearded one is planning on coming by this Wednesday to make an inquiry... We traversed half the state yesterday in search of what I know you have... We found nothing...

I brought up balsa wood rubber band wind up planes in another thread, Those were great.

Brought back a memory of when I was maybe 10 and my friend who was a couple of years older got one of those Testor (sp?) glow plug planes on a string. A beautiful B-24 Liberator iirc. Fancy. You could lanuch rubber band missiles off the wings. Think it was an extra string. Nevermind there were no missles on B-24's or 5's..

Maiden flight and just a few circles in he got off a missile. Not but a couple of laps later the thing caught on fire mid-air. Must of leaked some fuel or something onto the fuselage. The thing went down in a fireball of fury and became molten plastic..Probably one of the most specatacular things I ever witnessed.

Reactions: AM64
Not my namesake, but I love this damn song. Haven't heard it in a bit. Also, it plays over an amazing cold-open to a Sopranos episode.

I bet I saw the movie Bullitt 5 times in 1968 ..... like I did when the movie "Dirty Harry" came out in 1970.
I was a junior in HS then, and my best friend was a senior, and HIS best friend (whose house was on my paper route) had a really cool car - I want to say it was a Malibu but I'm not 100% sure on the car.

Anyway, we had a good time at the movie, and then went and cruised the local McDonald's on Chapman Hwy (where I later worked for about a year).

Reactions: AM64
Mine was The Exorcist.

Still the only movie that scares me to this day.
I remember that movie too... saw it in a theater in Columbus, Ohio, I think it was 1974. That was during my sophomore year at UT and I was working every other quarter in Ohio for BFGoodrich, living with a BFG family of a senior scientist who had a son attending OSU. So one weekend I went and stayed in the guy's dorm on campus, and we went that Saturday night to see The Exorcist. It was scary enough if you're not stoned. But picture this: twenty or so rooms on each floor of this dormitory building, and there were nearly as many bongs lit up at one time that afternoon as there were students living there...

Dear trolls, rabble rousers, pot stirrers, and beloved dik diks of the PF. It is time we establish a new SOP. When a thread from another forum is mod-moved to the PF forum for getting too hot, too political, and too caustic, it should be our policy to fan the flames as much as possible. We should further mutually agree that our political ideology be abandoned (if necessary) to achieve results with no indictment on current or future debates with topics we hold dear.

@Septic
@lawgator1
@hog88
@NorthDallas40
@evillawyer
@n_huffhines
@Tastylicks
@Weezer
@Grand Vol
@DinkinFlicka
and @ any other instigator left off the list.

Last edited:
Dear trolls, rabble rousers, pot stirrers, and beloved dik diks of the PF. It is time we establish a new SOP. When a thread from another forum is mod-moved to the PF forum for getting too hot, too political, and too caustic, it should be our policy to fan the flames as much as possible. We should further mutually agree that our political ideology be abandoned (if necessary) to achieve results with no indictment on current or future debates with topics we hold dear.

@Septic
@lawgator1
@hog88
@NorthDallas40
@evillawyer
@n_huffhines
@Tastylicks
@Weezer
@Grand Vol

and @ any other instigator left off the list.
I’m down!

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

VN Store

Back