Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Indeed there is. Required by law even. Also if you’re in my death trap and we’re north of 30 mph we are both wearing honest life vests capable of saving your life if need be. Which I provide if you don’t bring your own. And there are only two people in the boat at those speeds I only have suitable seating for two people
I would like to experience your max on a desolate, glass-calm, large lake.

I would like to experience your max on a desolate, glass-calm, large lake.
Can’t do that in Texas my friend. But when I drag it back to TN for work I will give you a heads up. It would be my pleasure to scare the living 💩 out of you but you’re wiping down your seat.

Reactions: McDad
Got some seat time with the new prop today. First time out so I kept the rpms down below 5k.

I’m gonna have to learn to drive this boat all over again. The trophy I could set at 1.5” prop to pad and not touch it. The Bravo blows out on launch below 3” p2p. It likes to launch deep but run high. Thank jeebus I’ve got a hydraulic Jack plate. The boat is much more responsive to trim now though abs I have tons of bow lift with the new prop. Turned 4600 rpm @ 59 mph which is right on where the Mercury Racing guy said it should be.

Oh and wake boats suck. I caught total air twice 😳. I thought I had slowed down enough to handle their tsunamis. I was wrong.

Just remember water is very soft to the touch; but if you really hit it, it's more like concrete.

A couple of rules of flying apply, too - just substitute water for air:

Basic Flying Rules:
1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.
2. Do not go near the edges of it.
3. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, and interstellar space.
It is much more difficult to fly there.

Also:

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
R37aba68f885d0bb232cf8c1598fa94ed

tenor.gif

I get that you cant have fifty excavators working at the same time but it seems like you could get more than 1 going.

Never been around Middle Eastern or North African construction?

50 workers. 5 are supervisors, 2 are working and the other 43 are watching what's going on.

Chances are there's a line of excavators waiting behind him.

Reactions: AM64
Nah. I already cast my own bullets from lead. I’m good. Interesting stuff for sure.

I just started following him and watched his early videos. I have no idea how he kept from either a hospital visit for major third degree burns or his house being a smoking ruin before he got the hang of it.

I did find it interesting metal recyclers and providers won't take ingots or bars.

Can’t do that in Texas my friend. But when I drag it back to TN for work I will give you a heads up. It would be my pleasure to scare the living 💩 out of you but you’re wiping down your seat.

I see you also know about McDad's uncontrollable, explosive bowel movements.

It's good to know the bards and minstrels I sent have spread the tales in worthy fashion.

I just started following him and watched his early videos. I have no idea how he kept from either a hospital visit for major third degree burns or his house being a smoking ruin before he got the hang of it.

I did find it interesting metal recyclers and providers won't take ingots or bars.
Yeah, I imagine it’s because they don’t know what is in the ingot/bar. Lead for instance is very detrimental to steel production. We will have heats (batches of steel) that have high lead content and they’re always completely separated from other material. You can also taste the lead in the air when we melt those heats (really healthy I know) The scrap yard here at the plant always attempts to separate the lead that comes in on rail cars full of scrap steel. It’s not always successful though.

VN Store

Back