Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

The offense this year has been suspect all along. Yesterday almost seemed like the Bill Battle days. "We've been stopped running up the middle 23 times in a row; they'd never suspect we're going to run it up the middle again." Maybe the offense really has been oversimplified for Milton; I know I'm not in the know on that, but it sure looks overly basic with not much structural challenge to opposing defenses. It seems like it has worked when the defense is up to the task, but the defense yesterday looked like a meltdown similar to SC last year.
I don't like how far off the WR we line up. We got carved up all game. Missouri o-line owned our asses in all phases. Brady Cook is an NFL caliber QB

Unless JM gets hurt you don’t bench him. He didn’t play bad yesterday.

I know that would be conventional logic. Milton did OK, but there were only a couple of times he ran that he looked decent to good doing it. The fumble on the pass wasn't all on him either. But giving the ball to the RB or tossing to a RB who is going to be stuffed just seems futile - even if it is the called play, and that seems to be a big difference between Milton and Hooker - knowing when and how to improvise.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Well it turns out as of today Jimbo is available! Dumbass aggies 😂

Regardless what he says I don’t think Hype will give the keys to the offense to Milton like he did with Hooker. The football IQ just isn’t there.

Wow, they really did it. I couldn't believe they hired him in the first place. FSU was trending down under him, and if you can't manage to have successful teams at FSU, ...

I don't like how far off the WR we line up. We got carved up all game. Missouri o-line owned our asses in all phases. Brady Cook is an NFL caliber QB

Almost all opposing QBs look like NFL caliber when we play them. Yesterday, it seemed like we always had several defenders on a mission ... the mission just didn't include the guy with the ball. Seemed like every time they closed up the pocket, Cook squirted out the side for a nice run, and that seems like something wrong conceptually with the defensive scheme. I'll also freely admit that TV cameras have a way of distorting perspective and what looks close from one perspective isn't from a different camera angle. Just a frustrating day; you could basically sense what was going to happen from the first two drives.

Anybody reserved their seats at the new stadium? I just reserved 2 premium seats for 200. No idea what the seats will actually cost but it’s indoors and I won’t get rained on or freeze my arse off.

I've had my truck for all of three weeks at most and got 4 warranty notifications in the mail today. One company is in Dallas which probably explains the call from Plano, TX that woke me up the other day. I answered and realized as doing so it wasn't in my contacts - no response for a second or two so I hung up - wouldn't have answered in the first place if I'd been at least a little bit awake.

I've had my truck for all of three weeks at most and got 4 warranty notifications in the mail today. One company is in Dallas which probably explains the call from Plano, TX that woke me up the other day. I answered and realized as doing so it wasn't in my contacts - no response for a second or two so I hung up - wouldn't have answered in the first place if I'd been at least a little bit awake.

There is a special place in hell for those guys.

There is a special place in hell for those guys.

Except for a catalog and coupons for a burger place, the rest of the mail was Medicare open enrollment junk mail. The post office should ditch special business rates and quit subsidizing junk mail. They'd either wind up being profitable or downsizing because junk mail became more expensive and some goes away. Win/win for us either way.

Damn! This is where we’ve gone to. Major college football is a big bunch a f***d up. To attract a coach willing and able to achieve what A&M wants and what Jimbo couldn’t deliver, they will have to pay almost as much if not more for the newcomer. I haven’t done the math myself, but I heard a sports radio guy today say that A&M could actually end up paying somewhere between 2.1 to 3.3 million dollars a month for the foreseeable future to have and not have a football coach.

Damn! This is where we’ve gone to. Major college football is a big bunch a f***d up. To attract a coach willing and able to achieve what A&M wants and what Jimbo couldn’t deliver, they will have to pay almost as much if not more for the newcomer. I haven’t done the math myself, but I heard a sports radio guy today say that A&M could actually end up paying somewhere between 2.1 to 3.3 million dollars a month for the foreseeable future to have and not have a football coach.

The kingmakers (agents) sitting on the sidelines are laughing all the way to the bank. Seems like universities should be putting some poison pills in the contracts that allow them to get out of the contracts if the coach doesn't pan out. There's way too much unbridled optimism that a coach is going to come in and solve problems because people are sold on coaches as miracle men. History would probably say it's the right coach at a right time that works. Examples: Majors at Pitt vs Majors at TN, Dickey at TN vs Dickey at FL, and there are plenty of similar examples. Some coaches won't get the job done anywhere for the most part, and some will be somewhat successful at most places ... Jimbo didn't collapse the A&M program, but he didn't do much with it either, but a mediocre coach there or many other places won't last - too much money and too little amateurism in college sports now.

The kingmakers (agents) sitting on the sidelines are laughing all the way to the bank. Seems like universities should be putting some poison pills in the contracts that allow them to get out of the contracts if the coach doesn't pan out. There's way too much unbridled optimism that a coach is going to come in and solve problems because people are sold on coaches as miracle men. History would probably say it's the right coach at a right time that works. Examples: Majors at Pitt vs Majors at TN, Dickey at TN vs Dickey at FL, and there are plenty of similar examples. Some coaches won't get the job done anywhere for the most part, and some will be somewhat successful at most places ... Jimbo didn't collapse the A&M program, but he didn't do much with it either, but a mediocre coach there or many other places won't last - too much money and too little amateurism in college sports now.

Big money backed programs want and expect to win and apparently will do whatever and pay whatever to do so. It’s to the point of ridiculous nowadays.

Big money backed programs want and expect to win and apparently will do whatever and pay whatever to do so. It’s to the point of ridiculous nowadays.
the problem is that everybody expects the same thing, and its something that only one team a year gets. A national title. even in the SEC there are 8 schools give or take whose "acceptable" level is winning the conference title. that simply doesn't happen. and in chasing an impossible standard of course you are going to get ridiculous results somewhere and ridiculous has shown up in the coaching contracts across the county.

Even Fulmer during the halcyon time of Tennessee didn't even win the division half of the time he was coach here 7/17. and the SEC back then wasn't as good as it is now. Florida was the only other consistent top program, and Spurrier's teams would probably be boat raced by the Alabama's and Georgia's of today.

I also heard on sports talk this afternoon that aTm has 12.5 billion dollar endowment. They can buy whatever they want if true.

View attachment 595904
View attachment 595912
Complete remodel from 1965 to present day.

Looks great. The more angular tub is an especially good look. It would cause problems in my bathroom because I have a cat who has to sit on the edge of the tub every morning when I take a shower. She even pokes her head around the curtain to lap water off my shoulder while I'm laying back letting the water pound some life into my body.

Looks great. The more angular tub is an especially good look. It would cause problems in my bathroom because I have a cat who has to sit on the edge of the tub every morning when I take a shower. She even pokes her head around the curtain to lap water off my shoulder while I'm laying back letting the water pound some life into my body.

NM

It's hereditary; I grew up in a cat family. My first cat was a Korean ocelot that my dad saved when the mother was killed. I was living in a Quonset hut in Korea at something like a year old with a wild cat before the Army moved families to Japan in 1948.

Now this guy is either hopeless or a complete newbie.

VN Store

Back