Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

The best steak restaurant around these parts is the Hog House, the best prime rib, filet or ribeye around. Service ain’t bad either.

Next time you're in OKC with Mrs Hog, go to Cattlemans. Get the T Bone.

You're welcome in advance.

This whole Michigan thing, officiating, etc. is really turning me off on CFB.
The officiating has been unbearable. I know. I know. Every homer thinks their team is getting shafted by the refs. I’ve never been a “The refs are against us guy”. Some games you get some calls, some you don’t, has always been my attitude.

But it’s been BAD this year. And anyone downplaying the impact these calls/non-calls are having on the game doesn’t understand football. When the Bama QB is able to stand tall in the pocket while our DE’s are getting held, he’s able to hit his 3rd read. Meanwhile when our OT’s are called for holding over and over on 1st down, it takes us out of that series. If we are holding so be it, but call it on them too!! The impact is tremendous. If it’s just 1 important SEC game, tough luck. But it’s been all year guys. Very discouraging and the AD/Huepel have been far too patient with this.

The officiating has been unbearable. I know. I know. Every homer thinks their team is getting shafted by the refs. I’ve never been a “The refs are against us guy”. Some games you get some calls, some you don’t, has always been my attitude.

But it’s been BAD this year. And anyone downplaying the impact these calls/non-calls are having on the game doesn’t understand football. When the Bama QB is able to stand tall in the pocket while our DE’s are getting held, he’s able to hit his 3rd read. Meanwhile when our OT’s are called for holding over and over on 1st down, it takes us out of that series. If we are holding so be it, but call it on them too!! The impact is tremendous. If it’s just 1 important game SEC game, tough luck. But it’s been all year guys. Very discouraging and the AD/Huepel have been far too patient with this.
Same with NCAA infraction. Michigan cheated and then did a cover up. Pearl got a show cause for such. The NCAA and SEC are political just as our DOJ.

But it’s been BAD this year. And anyone downplaying the impact these calls/non-calls are having on the game doesn’t understand football. When the Bama QB is able to stand tall in the pocket while our DE’s are getting held, he’s able to hit his 3rd read. Meanwhile when our OT’s are called for holding over and over on 1st down, it takes us out of that series. If we are holding so be it, but call it on them too!! The impact is tremendous. If it’s just 1 important SEC game, tough luck. But it’s been all year guys. Very discouraging and the AD/Huepel have been far too patient with this.
It has been egregious.

Last edited:
My saga of buying and immediately returning a second car continues.

Got a fully restored Geo Tracker on Monday. Returned it today after my mechanic buddy found some major red flags on the chassis. They painted over rust very well.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
My saga of buying and immediately returning a second car continues.

Got a fully restored Geo Tracker on Monday. Returned it today after my mechanic buddy found some major red flags on the chassis. They painted over rust very well.

Never was a fan of the Tracker, but had a friend in Colorado that swore by them. Probably spent more on off road parts than the vehicle was worth.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Today my son said the meanest, nicest and most thoughtful thing he’s ever said to me “get down, let me do that before you hurt yourself”.

Try that with your wife. You can have the privilege of getting hurt even before getting hurt doing what she was doing. Thumbs up to your son for being there to help.

Here for the Dolly Concert

View attachment 596409

Nice man. Are those your season tix?... awesome spot rain or shine. My Pappaw had season tix up until about 2000, but the buddy who split the 4 tickets with him every season(2 for them and 2 for us,) cancelled our 2 tix arrangement because his kid got married and asked for our 2 tickets as their wedding gift from his mom and dad. Was a very sad day for me lol. They were 9th row up from the field at the 15yd line on the Tennessee sideline man. I was a very lucky little boy and then teenager etc in that if I wanted to go (of course i did haha) my Pappaw would take me rather than anyone else who wanted to go because i was his favorite, and he was mine too until the day he died a couple years ago. I hope that you get to make lots of memories there at Neyland with the ones that you love most as well like we did my VOL brother. As an adult with a family, I used to call my Dad at halftime of every game as we both watched on TV when we couldnt be there, then call my Pappaw after the game to discuss as well. As much as I still love our VOLS and still watch every game...it isn’t the same and I miss them both very much. They died about a year apart.

On the topic of hoodies from above, my daughter had this 1 made as a gift to me after my Pappaw died. He was a Master Sergeant served 26 years. My Dad was a Colonel who also served 26 years.

Attachments

• 20231118_161020.jpg
    20231118_161020.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back