Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

With the transfer portal there is no excuse in season 4 for a head coach.
LMAO again. We were a dumpster fire in spring 2021 if I were a talented recruit no way in hell would I consider TN. That being said Hypes actual recruits will be Juniors in 2024 and I would expect them to be making an impact.

There’s no excuse in season 3 for not being competitive against GA and getting blown out by the likes of a lousy UF team and a Mizzou team that hasn’t had a top 35 recruiting class in forever. Last seasons SC game wasn’t a fluke, it was the wake up call to see the trend. It’s sad, but it is what it is. I’ll keep hoping and supporting, but the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: hog88
LMAO again. We were a dumpster fire in spring 2021 if I were a talented recruit no way in hell would I consider TN. That being said Hypes actual recruits will be Juniors in 2024 and I would expect them to be making an impact.

Yeah, exactly. His recruits will be juniors, upper class men so he has no excuses for losing to a Mizzu or UF and getting curb stomped by the Gumps and GA.

There’s no excuse in season 3 for not being competitive against GA and getting blown out by the likes of a lousy UF team and a Mizzou team that hasn’t had a top 35 recruiting class in forever. Last seasons SC game wasn’t a fluke, it was the wake up call to see the trend. It’s sad, but it is what it is. I’ll keep hoping and supporting, but the writing is on the wall.

I don’t think the writing is on the wall but something as to change and recruiting absolutely has to improve especially on defense.

Reactions: AM64
Yeah, exactly. His recruits will be juniors, upper class men so he has no excuses for losing to a Mizzu or UF and getting curb stomped by the Gumps and GA.
Oh I agree with that getting boat raced by bad teams in year 4 on the sidelines won’t work to his longevity on the job. But I’d guess Hype is gonna get at least four if not five full years to show significant progress. But 8-4 8-4 8-4 won’t keep him employed here.

Oh I agree with that getting boat raced by bad teams in year 4 on the sidelines won’t work to his longevity on the job. But I’d guess Hype is gonna get at least four if not five full years to show significant progress. But 8-4 8-4 8-4 won’t keep him employed here.

Outside of a total collapse I’m pretty sure The Hype will get 6 or 7 years before there is any real talk about getting rid of him from the people that make those decisions. BUT he has to produce better than 8-4 next season to retain fan support.

If the day we hired CJH, we were told he would end year three at 9-4, every single one of us would have said we are heading in the right direction. That's beyond dispute IMO.

Hmmm, maybe but he lets face it, he took Pruitts players and some transfers to an 11-2 record. Now in year 3 with mostly his guys he’s badly underperformed so red flags are a flying.

Let’s not forget that Milton is a Hype transfer recruit that was the starter and if be didn’t get hurt Hooker probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity to start.

Hmmm, maybe but he lets face it, he took Pruitts players and some transfers to an 11-2 record. Now in year 3 with mostly his guys he’s badly underperformed so red flags are a flying.
One of those transfers was Hendon Hooker. And none of us including Hype knew just how special he was until Milton went down

One of those transfers was Hendon Hooker. And none of us including Hype knew just how special he was until Milton went down

Pruitt brought in Hooker and the Hype recruited Milton. Look it up.

Hooker was here for spring ball 2021, Milton didn’t get on campus until summer so after spring practice and all of fall camp the hype still had Milton as QB1 until he was hurt.

Pruitt brought in Hooker and the Hype recruited Milton. Look it up.

Hooker was here for spring ball 2021, Milton didn’t get on campus until summer so after spring practice and all of fall camp the hype still had Milton as QB1 until he was hurt.
Wow you’re right (for once 😂). I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. And imagine how bad (much worse actually) that makes Justin Fuente look

Couple of thoughts:

Hog needs Barnes to exit in R32 to take heat off Hype
I blame VFH for the blowout with that stalker he had and then going to the game, Cursed us.

The Hype heat really doesn’t start until after next season and even then outside of a losing season the hype will be safe.

Wow you’re right (for once 😂). I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. And imagine how bad (much worse actually) that makes Justin Fuente look

I’m right most of the time, you mouth-breathers just hate to admit it. But yeah Fuentes sucked but even the venerated Heuple (the QB whisperer) couldn’t see it. Does that mean the Hype sucks too?

HH didn't impress anybody in the spring game in 2021.
We got LIB with that guy, everything just clicked after that Pitt game.

Reactions: McDad
I’m right most of the time, you mouth-breathers just hate to admit it. But yeah Fuentes sucked but even the venerated Heuple (the QB whisperer) couldn’t see it. Does that mean the Hype sucks too?
You’ve always heard about the venerable “baller” that didn’t show up till game day. I never really put much weight on that because I believe you play how you practice. But I’ll admit that HH made me reconsider that stance a couple of times on how he ran under literally everyone’s radar

Using the spring game as a gauge isn’t the best measure.
of course, but the point is that nothing before the Pitt game when he came in (either his time at VPI or his time on campus/in practice at UT) was a reliable indicator of what he was capable of doing
we were very fortunate to have the HH we got

This is also the first year CJH hasn't had NCAA sanctions hanging over his head. I think most have lost all perspective of what he inherited bc of his success last year
Isn’t this the first year we even fielded a full scholarship team? Not using that as an excuse as that opens up more room for transfer portal experience but not having a full scholarship roster is actually a big deal.

You’ve always heard about the venerable “baller” that didn’t show up till game day. I never really put much weight on that because I believe you play how you practice. But I’ll admit that HH made me reconsider that stance a couple of times on how he ran under literally everyone’s radar

In football there is no such thing as a QB that doesn’t show up until game day. Maybe get lucky a game or two but no Fing way a championship talented QB only shows up on game day.

This is also the first year CJH hasn't had NCAA sanctions hanging over his head. I think most have lost all perspective of what he inherited bc of his success last year
That’s fair.

I still want him to lose his damn mind on a ref next week. Throw his headset. Run out on the field. Get ejected!!! Let’s see some anger!

You pissed off your stalker to the point that he was following you all over this board talking trash! Until like 3am! Let’s see Heup get that fired up for once.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back