Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

of course, but the point is that nothing before the Pitt game when he came in (either his time at VPI or his time on campus/in practice at UT) was a reliable indicator of what he was capable of doing
we were very fortunate to have the HH we got

Of course we the fans had no indicator of what Hooker could be, the coaches that see him in practice every day should have.

This is also the first year CJH hasn't had NCAA sanctions hanging over his head. I think most have lost all perspective of what he inherited bc of his success last year

It looks like what he inherited was better than what he has recruited. Tell me how I’m wrong.

Isn’t this the first year we even fielded a full scholarship team? Not using that as an excuse as that opens up more room for transfer portal experience but not having a full scholarship roster is actually a big deal.

Umm, so The Hype pulled off an 11 win season with reduced scholarships and the players recruited by a coach that had a 3 win season yet shat the bed with his own players?

Umm, so The Hype pulled off an 11 win season with reduced scholarships and the players recruited by a coach that had a 3 win season yet shat the bed with his own players?
Does that mean the answer to my question is yes? I knew at one point we hadn’t filled out the roster for the 21-22 season did we ever do it?

And again scroll up a page or so. We’re not on the right trajectory we are finishing the season much weaker.

It looks like what he inherited was better than what he has recruited. Tell me how I’m wrong.
You may be right. It shows he can coach those players better than anyone else could have guessed. But he's been recruiting with one hand behind his back until now. I'm not saying he's the answer. But I am sure as **** saying he's the best we have had in 20 years. Hasn't even had a full deck to deal with. He's earned the benefit of the doubt for now.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
You may be right. It shows he can coach those players better than anyone else could have guessed. But he's been recruiting with one hand behind his back until now. I'm not saying he's the answer. But I am sure as **** saying he's the best we have had in 20 years. Hasn't even had a full deck to deal with. He's earned the benefit of the doubt for now.

100% agree that he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. I said earlier that he should be here 6-7 years but lets be honest, if he hasn’t won the SEC Championship by year 7 should he get an 8th?

100% agree that he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. I said earlier that he should be here 6-7 years but lets be honest, if he hasn’t won the SEC Championship by year 7 should he get an 8th?
Depends. If he's not won a sec title, but we are finishing in the top ten, I wouldn't be in favor of replacing him.

Depends. If he's not won a sec title, but we are finishing in the top ten, I wouldn't be in favor of replacing him.

I disagree, with our facilities and what we spend on recruiting The Hype should have at least an SEC title under his belt by the end of his 7th season. TV and RB both won conference championships within 7 years of being hired and both have fewer resources than The Hype does.

I disagree, with our facilities and what we spend on recruiting The Hype should have at least an SEC title under his belt by the end of his 7th season. TV and RB both won conference championships within 7 years of being hired and both have fewer resources than The Hype does.
What about a deep playoff run? That’s where college football is headed. For many fans:

At large bid/Final 4 app>SEC title/early exit.

I'm not saying he shouldn't win one. That doesn't mean I'm in favor of firing coach who's consistently finishing in the top 10. Also, winning the sec is about to matter a ton less. We are going to have 3 sec teams in the playoffs every year more then likely. That's what will matter

What about a deep playoff run? That’s where college football is headed. For many fans:

At large bid/Final 4 app>SEC title/early exit.

I’m not going to be greedy, they Hype needs to win an SEC Championship by his 7th season.

In reality we all know that this 12 team playoff is a joke. Outside of a fluke the SEC champion is going to win the NC. IMO the 12 team playoff pretty much ensures an SEC team will win the NC every season.

I'm not saying he shouldn't win one. That doesn't mean I'm in favor of firing coach who's consistently finishing in the top 10. Also, winning the sec is about to matter a ton less. We are going to have 3 sec teams in the playoffs every year more then likely. That's what will matter

OK if he wins a NC without an SEC Championship that will work but there needs to be some hardware won.

Let’s not forget that Milton is a Hype transfer recruit that was the starter and if be didn’t get hurt Hooker probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity to start.
This is bad fandom.
The fact:
Let’s not forget that Milton is a Hype transfer recruit [to UCF] that was the starter and if be didn’t get hurt, is attached to speculation: Hooker probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity to start.

This is bad fandom.
The fact:
Let’s not forget that Milton is a Hype transfer recruit [to UCF] that was the starter and if be didn’t get hurt, is attached to speculation: Hooker probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity to start.

I’ve got the dumbs and don’t understand your post. Milton was recruited by The Hype, Hooker was recruited by Pruitt and Milton was named the starter in the Hypes first year until he was injured and Hooker took over. What do I have wrong?

You monkey brains know football about as well as your politics. Yall should pay me for my knowledge and wisdom. Now excuse me, I’m gonna go exercise my toilet gaskets.

On a lighter note the gators pretty much just locked in a losing season. Of course the bastards beat us so…

But we need sunbelt Billy to have just enough success that they don’t fire his ass for another three or four years.

Three or four thoughts after today.

Nimrod may be a pretty good receiver, but none of the receivers were getting away from the GA defenders.

The season is basically in the books and no real bowl game is coming up, so turn the team over to Nico and play for next year. At least salvage something.

The number of remaining no loss teams is pretty amazing - and there are plenty with only a single loss. Some may be attributed to scheduling and a conference of patsies (see the Little 10 on that note). However, I'm thinking the portal and especially NIL have really only benefited a few teams and the future is going to remain lopsided - the rich will get richer.

Something has to give on defense. Hog and I have complained about the thought that offense alone can win games since before Hype coached the first game. Just planning to outscore the other guys isn't going to consistently win football games ... especially when the offense can't even get first downs to stay on the field.

With NIL, do you even need to use just scholarships to build a huge high quality team? Fill the scholarship quota, and just buy the rest with NIL deals. Imagine college football with multimillion dollar coaches and players. Just name it the UFL (University Football League) and call it a day. The only other thing more absurd would be to let players transfer as often as they want - even during the football season.

VN Store

Back