Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I don't know how I get so lucky...

Dedicated myself to recruiting firefighters earlier this year and pretty much carried it by myself all year with occasional help. Two weeks ago, they started charging my salary to our clients which means I'm in a direct bill position now.

Somehow escaped the layoff today of three of the five members of recruiting including the manager by that small move...

I've been on this island close to two years now and I've seen at least 25 recruiting staff go through here. Only two have left on their own terms. One went to another division of the company and another took a job elsewhere.

Don't know how long my luck will hold though.

Dedicated myself to recruiting firefighters earlier this year and pretty much carried it by myself all year with occasional help. Two weeks ago, they started charging my salary to our clients which means I'm in a direct bill position now.

Somehow escaped the layoff today of three of the five members of recruiting including the manager by that small move...

I've been on this island close to two years now and I've seen at least 25 recruiting staff go through here. Only two have left on their own terms. One went to another division of the company and another took a job elsewhere.

I hope you continue to find favor, and if not, you land securely in an even better position.

I generally believe that you make your own luck so my guess is that you have earned the good fortune through hard work and success.

Lady Vols were up by 16 points, up 12 at the half and pissed it away to lose at home...

BasketVols are down by 20 points 41-21 at UNC which is ranked 10 spots lower than us #7 to #17 if memory serves. The Heels are shooting about 80% it seems, and 2 outta 3 from deep. Zeigler is out of control again, we are doing brilliant stuff like "fouling the short, white dude as he shoots the 3".... and " foul away from the ball on a made 3 by UNC that results in a 5 point posession(s) in 15seconds"

Good times. Last time the BasketVols played the Heels, we won by 17. They are blowing us out currently though.... glad I married into a tarheel family, said no one, ever.

Reactions: AM64
i
Lady Vols were up by 16 points, up 12 at the half and pissed it away to lose at home...

BasketVols are down by 20 points 41-21 at UNC which is ranked 10 spots lower than us #7 to #17 if memory serves. The Heels are shooting about 80% it seems, and 2 outta 3 from deep. Zeigler is out of control again, we are doing brilliant stuff like "fouling the short, white dude as he shoots the 3".... and " foul away from the ball on a made 3 by UNC that results in a 5 point posession(s) in 15seconds"

Good times. Last time the BasketVols played the Heels, we won by 17. They are blowing us out currently though.... glad I married into a tarheel family, said no one, ever.
I had to turn that off. ugly ball.

Barnes must have gotten them motivated at the half...been all Vols since. Knecht has 33 points and we are down 10 with 8and a half mins to go...

Knecht is a sure thing 1st rpund draft pick...he had ZERO scholarship offers out of HS and had to go JUCO...perfect exampke of recruiting services missing a baller. He isnt just a 38% 3point shooter, he drives to the hole at will at 6ft6....to punch it or lay it up reverse etc. Wow

Edit. Were down 24...JJJ just cut it to 7 with a 3...he has 20

I’m not going to get political in this thread but I’ve gotten a lot of different perspectives from around the world on this cruise. At least half if not more of the passengers are from Canada or Europe and of course the service crew are from various countries including Russia and Ukraine. So I was able to talk to a whole bunch of people about a broad range of topics that really opened my eyes. I’ll expand on these in the appropriate threads.

Anyway, great vacation and I hate that it’s over in the morning.

We may have just lost Knecht for a good while...or the season. I sure hope not man. He was driving to the rim and stepped on a dudes foot...rolled his ankle bad. He can put no weight on it at all. Left the game with 37 points and 8 rebs with a couple minutes left. He was gonna score at least 40, he was fouled when he got hurt and Aidoo had to shoot his 2 freethrows because he cant walk or stand. He nearly willed us to victory on a night when we were down by 24 points at one time. If we could buy a 3 pointer in the last 5 mins we could have come all the way back. Just too many turnovers and allowed too many 2nd shots to win.

We shot 59% from the field and scored 94? Points, and LOST. Thats insane. Barnes led UT teams average giving up about 60ppg for the season...UNC scored 101 i think. They shot over 50% from three....and shot a BUNCH of threes. Yet we still almost came back and beat them. Every time we got close, another dagger (or 2) kept us from squaring it up. We never lead the game ...from tipoff until final buzzer. They simply scorched us from 3. None of that really matters though, how long Knecht is out will be the important part of this game for sure. When is the last time we had a player that could hang 40 points on a UNC team full of 5* kids? Dude is special. Hope he is OK and its just a bad sprain.

Edit: this was only the 2nd time that a Barnes coached UT team gave up 100 points. In 9 seasons IIRC? So close to 300 games. Yet we still nearly came back and won. No way we score like this without Knecht though IMO. He is by far the best scorer on our team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeburst
l
I’m not going to get political in this thread but I’ve gotten a lot of different perspectives from around the world on this cruise. At least half if not more of the passengers are from Canada or Europe and of course the service crew are from various countries including Russia and Ukraine. So I was able to talk to a whole bunch of people about a broad range of topics that really opened my eyes. I’ll expand on these in the appropriate threads.

Anyway, great vacation and I hate that it’s over in the morning.
look forward to hearing your thoughts.

They are on the high end of hot Asian babes.

Some of them make great donuts, which is enough to endear the entire population to me. We got a great chain of shops here in AZ and also Mom & Pop competitors that spun off from the chain.

I hooked up with a Cambodian Miss [insert state name here] once upon a time, and yes...very nice.

Some of them make great donuts, which is enough to endear the entire population to me. We got a great chain of shops here in AZ and also Mom & Pop competitors that spun off from the chain.

I hooked up with a Cambodian Miss [insert state name here] once upon a time, and yes...very nice.
The exotic look from women in SE Asia is hands down numero uno.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back