Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I agree we arent very good at all. But really looking at the teams below us that arent many/any I would rank above us.

Utah, maybe.
NC State, nope.
UNLV, nope.
SMU, nope.
NC, maybe.
Clemson may be the better team but has worse losses than us.

With a healthy Oline, we roll all these teams and several ranked above us IMO. We were still the no1 rushing team in the SEC at about 230yds per game after losing to Bama. Not sure now because we abandoned the run vs Misery and UGA unfortunately. Our Oline was already weakened by Misery, decimated for UGA though missing both starting tackles, our best guard (maybe lineman period) Spraggins was gone at halftime, and our no1 backup Karic was out for the game with our tackles. Joes mind greatly handicaps the playbook, our passing game, and our offense...but we ran all over aTm, UK, SC (which i think beats Clemson this weekend) and everyone else we played not named Bama when we were healthy.

Theres a reason that we are the only ranked team with 4 losses...2 of our losses are to playoff teams, and 1 is to the eventual Champs for the 3rd straight year which makes me sick. If you give any weight to recruiting rankings, Bama will be the best team again very soon. Their last 3 classes are ranked 1st, 2nd, 1st. Thats an amazing amount of talent like the 3 straight number1 classes that lead to the streak UGA is now on.

Happy Thanksgiving my VOL brethren. Hope you get super stuffed and fall asleep watching football. All 3 NFL games today are inter-division games so they should be salty. Pales in comparison to the Emmitt vs Barry games of the 90s, but they likely always will. Sanders is still the GOAT at RB as far as I am concerned. Sad what Detroit did to him by refusing to trade him, while also refusing to spend for a competitive team around him. He carried those teams which usually lost in the 1st round of the playoffs despite his 30 carries for 150yds all the time. I was glad he retired while he could still walk and function. He took a serious beating just from the volume of carries.

Thinking about what I want to accomomplish in 2024. Something I havent had the time or dedication to in life. A real life accomplishment that fits within my intelligence and abilities.

Number in mouth or consumption?

Thinking about what I want to accomomplish in 2024. Something I havent had the time or dedication to in life. A real life accomplishment that fits within my intelligence and abilities.

Number in mouth or consumption?

Funny story, back in the 70's when I was a kindergarten kid every time kids were out sick the teacher would leave a cup of candy corn in our home room mailbox. It was always encouragement to get back soon. It was something about teachers back then. The chances were good that if they had your aunts, uncles, brother, sister when you came through then you reaped the benefits of the good relationships.

Funny story, back in the 70's when I was a kindergarten kid every time kids were out sick the teacher would leave a cup of candy corn in our home room mailbox. It was always encouragement to get back soon.
dang..i wodda dropped out of skool in kindergarden rather than 5th grade.
I hatecandy corn..that is why my record will be such an acheevment.

Our little brother UK can knock Louisville out of playoffs if they quit tripping over their own D's....

Tie game with them getting the ball back with 2 mins. They were up by 7 with 4mins to go but of course they had to muck it up and throw a pick to give it back to the red team at midfield.

Kentucky could have sealed the win by their RB stopping at the 1 yard line...running 3x and kicking an extra point style FG from a tied position.

Instead their RB scores from 30 yards out...gives the ball back to Lville with 1 minute on the clock and ALL 3 TIMEOUTS down only 7 points. So damn stupid. Selfish but also stupid.

FWIW ..I watched an NFL guy do the exact opposite this week. Could have scored from like 40 yards out....instead he took a knee at the 2 yard line. They used up all the clock, then kicked a FG with 6 seconds left to win. THAT is smart football. Situational awareness.

* edit: Kentucky got lucky and intercepted them in the endzone to win the game. SEC SEC SEC

They were still dumb...just got away with it.

VN Store

Back