Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Got home in a foul mood and sent an email to the county - not that I think it will help. Ever since the county decided to install a sewer line out our way, developers have been buying up what was worthless property and planting homes on lots that should be considered unfit. The houses back directly up to a hill which means runoff has no place to go - this is CA house surfing down hill nonsense. That's on the people who buy or rent them - I don't care if they aren't discriminating enough to know better.

What pulls my chain is the contractors keep closing the road and making cuts in the road, and it's one at a time. You never know until it's time to head out to an appointment or go to the grocery. Today I had enough and stopped to ask WTH they planned to be done - yesterday it was down to one lane, but you could get down the road. The contractor threatened to call 911 - I'm usually a lot more polite, but I was hardly threatening. I told him go go right ahead. I didn't think to ask to see a closure permit - should have.

Last edited:
With all the security issues, I'm not fond of opening even texts from unknown sources. Perhaps it's not a problem, but I'm losing faith daily when it comes to being compromised electronically.
I think that may be a rad overly cautious but it's understandable.

She has had no problems in 10+ years of phonership.

Reactions: AM64
Millennials have a great system. My daughter doesn't answer her phone if the caller is not in her contact list. Her voice msg instructs caller to send a text. People who need to get in touch do via text. Solicitors mostly do not but the ones who do she simply deletes and blocks at her convenience. Brilliant

This is the way. I have had this phone number since january 2010. I have never checked the voice-mail, and never intend to.

Reactions: McDad and AM64

VN Store

Back