Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I think next year is the tough year..lose both lines..but the portal can somewhat refill.
In fact, I would say our trenches should be very good this year..OL depth may be a problem though.
Just have to have Nico grow up quick and solidify secondary.
That Nico factor is what it all hinges on.

Last weekend was the first time ever the guy told me to go ahead without checking my cart. Once outside I realized I forgot to check out the $5 water below my cart.

A couple of years ago I did the self checkout at Sams. One item must have been something we only get there because I had just 3 or 4 things in the cart. I didn't check the receipt or look on the screen close enough apparently because something didn't scan - the problem is you can hear the beep not just when you scan but when someone nearby does. Anyway the guy at the door caught it - like they could miss with that few items. I told them when I went to the service desk that if I'd wanted to avoid paying for an item, it wouldn't have been when there were just 3 or 4 things in the cart. I hate self checkout - the only thing worse was when the wife was using her phone to scan the stuff as it went in the cart - I spent too much time going back and counting items to see if the numbers added up. Just put people at the registers and do it the old fashioned way.

Reactions: hog88
A couple of years ago I did the self checkout at Sams. One item must have been something we only get there because I had just 3 or 4 things in the cart. I didn't check the receipt or look on the screen close enough apparently because something didn't scan - the problem is you can hear the beep not just when you scan but when someone nearby does. Anyway the guy at the door caught it - like they could miss with that few items. I told them when I went to the service desk that if I'd wanted to avoid paying for an item, it wouldn't have been when there were just 3 or 4 things in the cart. I hate self checkout - the only thing worse was when the wife was using her phone to scan the stuff as it went in the cart - I spent too much time going back and counting items to see if the numbers added up. Just put people at the registers and do it the old fashioned way.
I love self-checkout because:

A) The chances that I'm going to do the thing faster than someone there being paid $14/hour in 2024 to do it are quite high.

B) Most people still hate self-checkout, because the lines are far longer.

well today has been a bad day so far.

GF and I leave on a trip for LA tomorrow morning, so we have all that type of stress going on.
This AM I couldn't find my wallet. spent an hour looking for it, whole time thinking I ruined the trip, need to cancel my cards, find an ID somewhere all that sort of stuff. turns out it fell on the opposite side of the passenger seat in my car, not really sure how it ended up there.
And now my GF "discovered" she had a flat tire, after she drove to work, and I will be spending my lunch going to help her with that.

and I am sure I will have the typical 10 people all needing something before I leave for my trip type of thing that they couldn't tell me about until a couple hours before I leave.

GF and I leave on a trip for LA tomorrow morning, so we have all that type of stress going on.
This AM I couldn't find my wallet. spent an hour looking for it, whole time thinking I ruined the trip, need to cancel my cards, find an ID somewhere all that sort of stuff. turns out it fell on the opposite side of the passenger seat in my car, not really sure how it ended up there.
And now my GF "discovered" she had a flat tire, after she drove to work, and I will be spending my lunch going to help her with that.

and I am sure I will have the typical 10 people all needing something before I leave for my trip type of thing that they couldn't tell me about until a couple hours before I leave.

Turn your phone off and hide in the basement with a beer, clutching said wallet the whole time until the moment of departure.

Hang in there, buddy. I recommend some powerful narcotics to help you get through the day.

VN Store

Back