Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I had a mintish condition copy of this SI from when we held Bo Jackson (the greatest athlete I have seen in my lifetime) to 80yds on 17 carries. He was averaging 245 yards a game on the season before the game. They did a full spread on the game. It wasnt just an article. Lost it in a move a few years ago and was truly sick.

Last edited:
I had a mintish condition copy of this SI from when we held Bo Jackson (the greatest athlete I have seen in my lifetime) to less than 1 yard per carry on like 30 carries. Maybe 20 yards? Auburn as a team rushed for negative yardage in the game (strangely sack yardage counts as negative rushing yards despite being passing plays) because we negated the ~20 yards Bo managed on 30 or 31? Carries. They did a full 3 or 4 page spread on the game. It wasnt just an article. Lost it in a move a few years ago and was truly sick.
BJs rushing stats are in that article that Star posted.

Funny you mention that, I do feel a bout of tuberculosis coming on.
*fibromyalgia

Symptoms are widespread body pain and tiredness. There is no way to test for it....basically if you insist that you have it, nobody can say that you don't. Even a Dr...thats what they diagnosed my Granny with when she kept going to her PC because all of her ligaments and tendons hurt...

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
well today has been a bad day so far.

GF and I leave on a trip for LA tomorrow morning, so we have all that type of stress going on.
This AM I couldn't find my wallet. spent an hour looking for it, whole time thinking I ruined the trip, need to cancel my cards, find an ID somewhere all that sort of stuff. turns out it fell on the opposite side of the passenger seat in my car, not really sure how it ended up there.
And now my GF "discovered" she had a flat tire, after she drove to work, and I will be spending my lunch going to help her with that.

and I am sure I will have the typical 10 people all needing something before I leave for my trip type of thing that they couldn't tell me about until a couple hours before I leave.
Dang sorry to hear this bro. Yall have a safe trip and a great time. We expect photos. Haha. Not the newds. Just send those to McDad like usual.

When in Rome, toss Ceaser's salad.... or something like that.

Actually did lol 😆

Are you planning on going to the game in Charlotte against NC state?

Yessir. My remaining little brother is flying in too. He is the engineer (nuke) that graduated from NCSU....he went with me to ATL last time we beat that ass. I am happy to see them go 0-2. A couple of his buddies from college are meeting him here in Charlotte and my brother is responsible for getting the tickets so i will likely be on the enemy side of the field. Oh well. I will be the drunk, happy orange spot in that sea of red misery.
GO VOLS. They have a good team this year and likely will be ranked about the same as us at kickoff...I think that our Dline is gonna dominate the LOS though. Also think that Coop and our Oline can push them around. It might be a close game this early in Nicos career...but I dont see us losing when we win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Dang sorry to hear this bro. Yall have a safe trip and a great time. We expect photos. Haha. Not the newds. Just send those to McDad like usual.

Actually did lol 😆

Yessir. My remaining little brother is flying in too. He is the engineer (nuke) that graduated from NCSU....he went with me to ATL last time we beat that ass. I am happy to see them go 0-2. A couple of his buddies from college are meeting him here in Charlotte and my brother is responsible for getting the tickets so i will likely be on the enemy side of the field. Oh well. I will be the drunk, happy orange spot in that sea of red misery.
GO VOLS. They have a good team this year and likely will be ranked about the same as us at kickoff...I think that our Dline is gonna dominate the LOS though. Also think that Coop and our Oline can push them around. It might be a close game this early in Nicos career...but I dont see us losing when we win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
I do expect it to go pretty similar to last time. maybe close for a while, but our athletes and tempo take over early in the second half.

HA! Experience wins against technology again!

One of my project managers had me look at his take off and scope for a proposal he was submitting, asked me what I thought it should cost. I was within $200 of that overpriced estimating software we purchased awhile back.

One of my project managers had me look at his take off and scope for a proposal he was submitting, asked me what I thought it should cost. I was within $200 of that overpriced estimating software we purchased awhile back.
Nice work, John Henry.

This isnt a lock...BUT:

Steve Wiltfong dropped a prediction today for high 4* WR and top 100 player Travis Smith to pick US over jawja and bama and the kid announces on Saturday!! When they drop a call just a couple days from the announcement the vast majority of the time its because the player has told the coaches at the other top schools in his top3 or so that he has decided to go elsewhere...and it leaked. Theres really no credit for calling a players destination this close to their actual commitment so there is no reason for Wiltfong to put that out there if he wasn't certain he was correct. This guy is 6ft3 and 200lbs now. Big body kid that the pups and gumps really wanted. Fingers crossed for Saturday!! GO VOLS

Edit. Ranked #78 overall and #12 WR in this class. If we land him, we will have landed 3 WR that are ranked in top 100 overall, and 1 in the top 200 between this years and last years classes. Plus the kid from Tennessee this year with the weird name I cant remember that is ranked 3* going into his senior season, but the coaches love him....we are setting up nicely at WR down the road. We still have Webb, Leacock,etc on the team as well that were 4* guys but havent seen much playing time yet as underclassmen. They should contribute as upperclassmen this season and next if they can get on the field. From the spring reports though it sounds like 5* frosh Matthews has already passed all of them on the depth chart...and 4* frosh Staley is also expected to play this year behind Squirrel in the slot. Coach Pope is killing it in recruiting at the WR position

Last edited:

But it was a $100 project

As we get closer to fall camp man Football Fever is killing me. Cant wait for Ole Fingers daily updates when the new guys get here and rolling...really can't wait for kickoff time in Neyland. The lesser sports really helped get thru the offseason this year...most in my lifetime with their great play...but now its time to do what VOLS do. So excited. For the record, I still think we go 9-3 or maybe if we catch a break or 3 we might go 10-2. Super excited though and glad we dont suck anymore more than anything else.

As we get closer to fall camp man Football Fever is killing me. Cant wait for Ole Fingers daily updates when the new guys get here and rolling...really can't wait for kickoff time in Neyland. The lesser sports really helped get thru the offseason this year...most in my lifetime with their great play...but now its time to do what VOLS do. So excited. For the record, I still think we go 9-3 or maybe if we catch a break or 3 we might go 10-2. Super excited though and glad we dont suck anymore more than anything else.
I will admit, as a fan for more than 50 years and soneone who seldom or ever missed a game, I was checking out on them, turning the games off. It is tough to watch poorly executing teams. UT is fortunate to have such a loyal fanbase.

@LouderVol
Please let us know when you arrive in LA so we don't worry.
I remember as a kid when we went to see family in Bham and after we returned home, Mom was to call her Mother and let her know we made it safely. Call collect and when operator asks if you accept the call, she said No..Mission Accomplished and no money spent..lol.

I remember as a kid when we went to see family in Bham and after we returned home, Mom was to call her Mother and let her know we made it safely. Call collect and when operator asks if you accept the call, she said No..Mission Accomplished and no money spent..lol.
I had a similar type phone call from the payphone in our school cafeteria to signal my mom when we were back from fri PM football games so she could come pick me up. Lol

VN Store

Back