Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

@DinkinFlicka, are you much of a gin guy? My better half has found a favorite gin cocktail: the Fall French 75. The change is including cinnamon simple syrup. I have to say it's pretty tasty. Do you know it?

We now always make and have cinnamon simple syrup on hand.

Some of us drink champagne.

Some of yall drink puddle water.
Funny that you mention champagne. Just pulled two bottles of champagne from the cellar today. The official high in Phoenix today was 116 , a new record for the day. I’ve been craving champagne and chablis lately. Some of us literally drink champagne - it’s a great summer thirst quencher. It’s not just for New Years Eve.

Reactions: McDad
Reactions: gcbvol
With fast football camp starting, I am entering my annual self imposed break from political posting. Once the Orange and White Are on the Field; i forget our ongoing political disagreements. There is no red and blue anymore; only Orange.
Political bickering is a little fun and helps pass the time during the long eight month offseason; but it is time for me to remember that even the most died in the wool liberal on Vol Nation becomes my brother again until the bowl game (or hopefully this year, the playoff games) conclude. And I know that even when I disagree with my opponents I am only questioning their methods NEVER their love for our country
My REAL enemy doesn’t consist of donkeys. It is Elephants, Bulldogs, and Alligators.
Go Vols and prayers for our shared nation!

Shocked. Cannot believe this happened. After firing nearly the entire roster last season and bringing in a whole new roster of players....42 guys left after last season. This article makes it easy to understand how they lost so many consecutive games to end last season. These allegations, particularly from former players, are insane.
What a complete fraud. I feel bad for the players. He doesn't give a single f*** about them.

Mark Richt has lost control of the ATL police force!! I saw an article and an interview recently detailing all the arrests and driving infractions (like racing, reckless driving, 98 in a 35 etc,) Georgia gonna get those Mamas out there scared to send their ballers to Athens soon...couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of Saban disciples either.

We are headed up fast. The pups gonna fall off that throne and Kirby leaves for the NFL in a couple years IMO. Pups are going DOWN and if the Buckeyes dont win a title soon, Coach Day is gonna get canned too....love it. Love it!

Reactions: AM64

Mark Richt has lost control of the ATL police force!! I saw an article and an interview recently detailing all the arrests and driving infractions (like racing, reckless driving, 98 in a 35 etc,) Georgia gonna get those Mamas out there scared to send their ballers to Athens soon...couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of Saban disciples either.

We are headed up fast. The pups gonna fall off that throne and Kirby leaves for the NFL in a couple years IMO. Pups are going DOWN and if the Buckeyes dont win a title soon, Coach Day is gonna get canned too....love it. Love it!
IMG_1107.jpeg

I saw he was invited IIRC...guess he was just tired of camping and already knew he was gonna be a VOL? Maybe I am thinking about the big NIKE or AND1 camp instead. Regardless, JM is the lowest rated QB we will have on roster next season...and he was still a high 4*.

The most likely scenario I see, barring a bad injury at QB, is Nico starts this year and 25....GMac leapfrogs Jake and takes over in 26. (Jake M transfers closer to home in Indiana/Iowa?) GMac starts his junior 26 season and 27....then Brandon starts his junior and senior seasons after 2 years in practice, weights, nutrition etc just like Gmac did before him. This is the most desirable outcome IMO...Nico redshirt then 2 year starter before NFL, Gmac 2 years growing before 2 starting then NFL, lastly Brandon 2 years growing before starting 2 seasons then NFL. WOW. This is totally possible and likely....it will mean we have 6 consecutive seasons starting a seasoned non-freshman 5*QB that is coveted by everyone in CFB.

Unbelievable QB room from now on. Its like having Peyton, Shuler, and Hooker back to back from the same QB room. Not discounting Jake...by all accounts the coaches are pleased with his development too...maybe hes the Casey Clausen (huge compliment. The Road Warrior was a BEAST).

The combination of running a wide open offense that puts QBs in the NFL with Coach Hype being a Heistman finalist QB himself that won a championship is apparently HUGE In recruiting. Nobody has a better QB room than we do IMO. Literally nobody in college ball. GO VOLS WGWTFA

No offense but this is not likely at all. Actually it's not even close.

1. Nico did not redshirt. He was a true freshman this past season. On the current trajectory he won't stay past 2025 when he will be eligible for the draft.

2. Merk most likely plays this year as a true freshman. There is not a real #2 behind Nico. It's probably also why Huep did not go after a QB in the portal. By all accounts he has the skillset to be a #1 in 2026, and with two years playing as backup then it is plausible.

3. G Mac will compete for #2 in 2025. He and Merk will be leaders for the starting job in 2026. Best case scenario is Merk wins the job in 2026 then goes Pro after his junior year, if he doesn't and stays another year then the chances of a transfer at this point increases.

4. 2026 - So if the above happens, in 2026 Nico would be gone after his junior season. I don't think anyone expects him to play his senior year. In 2026, Merk would be a junior with two back up seasons ready to step in the starter role. G Mac would be a true sophomore competing as starter but a leg up as the #2. Faizon Brandon would be a true freshman. I don't think he's antsy.

5. 2027 - Merk either is in the league, or if he is not then he might be the first transfer candidate going into his senior season. A true junior G Mac, and a true sophomore Brandon competes for the starting job. If the winds break right G Mac wins the job with Brandon getting significant playing time.

6. 2028 - At this point without looking forward in recruiting Brandon is the starter. This might be his only season starting before the NFL.

Anyone disruption in the above and chances increase of a transfer. My scenario is based on three critical ideas: (1) no one redshirt because all of these guys are too good (2) it will be hard pressed to seeing any of these guys feeling like they are 4 year college players and (3) as these guys are coming in there won't be tremendous depth behind the starter as outlined below.

2024 - Iamaleava, Merklinger
2025 - Iamaleava, Merklinger, MacIntyre
2026 - Merklinger, MacIntyre, Brandon
2027 - MacIntyre, Brandon
2028 - Brandon

VN Store

Back