Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

No offense but this is not likely at all. Actually it's not even close.

1. Nico did not redshirt. He was a true freshman this past season. On the current trajectory he won't stay past 2025 when he will be eligible for the draft.

2. Merk most likely plays this year as a true freshman. There is not a real #2 behind Nico. It's probably also why Huep did not go after a QB in the portal. By all accounts he has the skillset to be a #1 in 2026, and with two years playing as backup then it is plausible.

3. G Mac will compete for #2 in 2025. He and Merk will be leaders for the starting job in 2026. Best case scenario is Merk wins the job in 2026 then goes Pro after his junior year, if he doesn't and stays another year then the chances of a transfer at this point increases.

4. 2026 - So if the above happens, in 2026 Nico would be gone after his junior season. I don't think anyone expects him to play his senior year. In 2026, Merk would be a junior with two back up seasons ready to step in the starter role. G Mac would be a true sophomore competing as starter but a leg up as the #2. Faizon Brandon would be a true freshman. I don't think he's antsy.

5. 2027 - Merk either is in the league, or if he is not then he might be the first transfer candidate going into his senior season. A true junior G Mac, and a true sophomore Brandon competes for the starting job. If the winds break right G Mac wins the job with Brandon getting significant playing time.

6. 2028 - At this point without looking forward in recruiting Brandon is the starter. This might be his only season starting before the NFL.

Anyone disruption in the above and chances increase of a transfer. My scenario is based on three critical ideas: (1) no one redshirt because all of these guys are too good (2) it will be hard pressed to seeing any of these guys feeling like they are 4 year college players and (3) as these guys are coming in there won't be tremendous depth behind the starter as outlined below.

2024 - Iamaleava, Merklinger
2025 - Iamaleava, Merklinger, MacIntyre
2026 - Merklinger, MacIntyre, Brandon
2027 - MacIntyre, Brandon
2028 - Brandon
That's a lot of wishful thinking. I hope you are right. But we have no evidence to suggest Nico will be good enough to leave early. Hope he is. Numerous of these high rated QB's don't shake out like that. Look at UGA's QB room of years past. They stacked many 4-5 stars that ended with them transferring and not being highly sought after QB draft picks

No offense but this is not likely at all. Actually it's not even close.

1. Nico did not redshirt. He was a true freshman this past season. On the current trajectory he won't stay past 2025 when he will be eligible for the draft.

2. Merk most likely plays this year as a true freshman. There is not a real #2 behind Nico. It's probably also why Huep did not go after a QB in the portal. By all accounts he has the skillset to be a #1 in 2026, and with two years playing as backup then it is plausible.

3. G Mac will compete for #2 in 2025. He and Merk will be leaders for the starting job in 2026. Best case scenario is Merk wins the job in 2026 then goes Pro after his junior year, if he doesn't and stays another year then the chances of a transfer at this point increases.

4. 2026 - So if the above happens, in 2026 Nico would be gone after his junior season. I don't think anyone expects him to play his senior year. In 2026, Merk would be a junior with two back up seasons ready to step in the starter role. G Mac would be a true sophomore competing as starter but a leg up as the #2. Faizon Brandon would be a true freshman. I don't think he's antsy.

5. 2027 - Merk either is in the league, or if he is not then he might be the first transfer candidate going into his senior season. A true junior G Mac, and a true sophomore Brandon competes for the starting job. If the winds break right G Mac wins the job with Brandon getting significant playing time.

6. 2028 - At this point without looking forward in recruiting Brandon is the starter. This might be his only season starting before the NFL.

Anyone disruption in the above and chances increase of a transfer. My scenario is based on three critical ideas: (1) no one redshirt because all of these guys are too good (2) it will be hard pressed to seeing any of these guys feeling like they are 4 year college players and (3) as these guys are coming in there won't be tremendous depth behind the starter as outlined below.

2024 - Iamaleava, Merklinger
2025 - Iamaleava, Merklinger, MacIntyre
2026 - Merklinger, MacIntyre, Brandon
2027 - MacIntyre, Brandon
2028 - Brandon

Yeah what you and i see differently is that barring injury, I dont think Jake ever starts at UT because he will transfer. So:

24. Nico, moore
25. Nico, Gmac
26. Gmac, Brandon
27. Gmac, Brandon
28. Brandon, ??

Jakes a talented kid but not touted as being elite 5* future NFL QB according to all the scouts etc. I hope he sticks around because iron sharpens iron and injuries happen....i just dont see a kid with his potential being a 4 year backup OR beating out any of our three 5* QBs. Great problem to have though.

Edit: i also see that my shot in the dark prediction has Brandon sitting for 2 years without starting. I wouldnt think that was possible except that Arch Manning is about to sit his 2nd full season behind Ewers at Texas...and he was the no2 overall recruit behind Nico. Brandon will be getting paid millions to sit just like Arch...who wouldnt want that gig?

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider

I dont like it. They have us ranked 10th. I would rather be ranked lower to start the season at least until we beat Oklahoma.

Their top10 is jacked too...IMO ole miss is too high at no5....and as always notre dame is ranked 10 spots higher than they deserve...minimum. ND will play nobody all season long, lose to the only decent team they play, then magically make the playoffs every year as the highest rated non P5 team. They will get playoffs handed to them nearly every year....just bc they are too much pusses to play an ACC football schedule like they do in basketball.

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64

Mark Richt has lost control of the ATL police force!! I saw an article and an interview recently detailing all the arrests and driving infractions (like racing, reckless driving, 98 in a 35 etc,) Georgia gonna get those Mamas out there scared to send their ballers to Athens soon...couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of Saban disciples either.

We are headed up fast. The pups gonna fall off that throne and Kirby leaves for the NFL in a couple years IMO. Pups are going DOWN and if the Buckeyes dont win a title soon, Coach Day is gonna get canned too....love it. Love it!

College athletes can splurge now ... no more sluggish getaways in something like a Prius.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

I dont like it. They have us ranked 10th. I would rather be ranked lower to start the season at least until we beat Oklahoma.

Their top10 is jacked too...IMO ole miss is too high at no5....and as always notre dame is ranked 10 spots higher than they deserve...minimum. ND will play nobody all season long, lose to the only decent team they play, then magically make the playoffs every year as the highest rated non P5 team. They will get playoffs handed to them nearly every year....just bc they are too much pusses to play an ACC football schedule like they do in basketball.

ND affiliating with the ACC smacks of the reason Bobby Bowden too FSU to the ACC. We've got Vandy and obviously some lesser talented teams in the SEC, but the SEC still isn't as lopsided and loaded with patsies as the big 10 (or whatever they are these days) and the ACC.

Hes different than Ethan Davis etc ...we have 2 TEs like Davis coming in the 25 class already...they are overgrown WR that will be taught and forced to love contact. This dude is more like the 90s era TEs, hes a bulldozer that loves contact. He is said to have good hands too (thus top 10 right,?) But hes not quite as fast as the other guys except maybe Kitzelman. Hes a bruiser though and a lifelong VOL and to me that matters. You cant tell me that a kid who has cried, cussed, celebrated and spent all his Saturdays for his whole life pulling for the good guys isnt more loyal to UT than some other 4* that flipped at the last minute from another school etc. Coach Abelin is killing it in TE recruits, and there are several national videos out there right now about Coach Hype regarding him being the no1 QB recruiter in the country!

Last edited:
How long yall think UK holds onto Stoops if he keeps losing ~4 games a year,? They are about to vacate a chunk of wins too...but who cares about spilt milk right?

Do Georgia Joes kinfolk up there in blue country get all uppity and cut him loose? Or is he safe as long as they go to a bowlgame every year...even with all the NIL money they are spending on the roster and portal? Dont get me wrong...I dont think they can hire much of anyone that will do better than Stoops. He has routinely beat the gators, knocked us off prior to CJH, and generally had kentucky playing the best football in my lifetime. I think they should keep him...but people are crazy. Especially with all this $$$ being spent now.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back