Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

As much as I hate this I can't blame the guy. If the UNLV collective made commitments and isn't living up to them it's on them.
Agreed. Which one of us continues to work for a company which committed employment agreements to us and didn't follow through?

Naturally, there will be some info coming out of the AD which adds nuance to what we are already hearing.

Reactions: AM64
Agreed. Which one of us continues to work for a company which committed employment agreements to us and didn't follow through?

Naturally, there will be some info coming out of the AD which adds nuance to what we are already hearing.

Raises hand. But it worked out.

I'm sure there is more to the story.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
well my work is going from 0 to 100 real fast.

went from having one large project on hold, to having a new small project with the one on hold. Then I had a new large to go with the new small and old large. and now it sounds like the old large project is coming back on line to go with the rest.

worst part is, office just laid some people off a week ago, and we are short staffed now.

went from having one large project on hold, to having a new small project with the one on hold. Then I had a new large to go with the new small and old large. and now it sounds like the old large project is coming back on line to go with the rest.

worst part is, office just laid some people off a week ago, and we are short staffed now.

Could always be worse, you could have been one of the ones laid off.

successfularchistudent-how-to-ace-any-project-2.jpeg

Speaking of QB controversy...

I've seen a few posters on here going on about OU's decision to bench Arnold and how "it will destroy his confidence in the first sign of adversity."

I'm thinking the young man hasn't lived up to his 5 star expectations in the first three games, much less what he wasn't doing in the game against us. Sometimes a coach needs to sit someone and give the next up the chance to impress (like we did with Hooker and Milton) or cut your losses while you can (like we should have with Worley and Dobbs).

Side note, I've got all the respect in the world for Worley. That kid got beat like I've never seen a QB get beat and got right back up and kept trying. He really never had good coaching too succeed.

Overall, I'm not sure he's their guy moving forward but Hawkins impressed me with what he was able to do. Maybe sitting Arnold will make him better or maybe Hawkins is the future like it happened with Rattler and The Douche.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
A few days ago the wife came in from the garage with something from the freezer - the same freezer that I've been struggling with and have pulled off my levelling blocks at least twice. I said "HTH did you get the freezer door open?" and expected disaster in the garage. She said you just put your fingers under the edge and break the seal. Got home from shopping and had my hands full, tried her trick, and opened the door easily with a couple of fingers. How she can go from questionable mental status to genius is something for the Twilight Zone. You don't even have to dig into the gasket - just a little nudge works.

A few days ago the wife came in from the garage with something from the freezer - the same freezer that I've been struggling with and have pulled off my levelling blocks at least twice. I said "HTH did you get the freezer door open?" and expected disaster in the garage. She said you just put your fingers under the edge and break the seal. Got home from shopping and had my hands full, tried her trick, and opened the door easily with a couple of fingers. How she can go from questionable mental status to genius is something for the Twilight Zone. You don't even have to dig into the gasket - just a little nudge works.
1727288774774.png

Just because you are an idiot (in a specific application) doesn't mean she is a genius. ;)

Last edited:
Ever wonder what she tells her friends about you? "He couldn't even open the freezer. Bless his heart!"

VN Store

Back