Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

well my work is going from 0 to 100 real fast.

went from having one large project on hold, to having a new small project with the one on hold. Then I had a new large to go with the new small and old large. and now it sounds like the old large project is coming back on line to go with the rest.

worst part is, office just laid some people off a week ago, and we are short staffed now.
If I was one of those laid off, I’d get a nice raise now. Or, at least a guaranteed nice severance for next time.

I’ve said it before:

Young people, recognize this universal truth; HR is the enemy!

Reactions: AM64
2 Monster white oaks in the back yard uprooted and down, took the power, phone and cable lines down with it. AEP said for me to expect to be without power for at least 2 and maybe several days. I can hear trees coming down all through the valley.

Last edited:
Thanks! It’s pretty rough here. I think I’m gonna go get my Dad and check him into a hotel.

Had one of my Raliegh based crews working here in Nashville this week. Told them yesterday to just keep their rooms for the weekend, going to have them over to the house for a big feed tomorrow weather depending.

Well it’s getting downright crazy here now. Neighbor just lost an oak and along with it part of her house, she’s okay though, another neighbor above just had one come down too, spared his garage and workshop but took out his fence. Power lines down all over the valley. I’m gonna head down to the lake house and check on things there.4E7D1CB7-3873-452B-989F-D040CE72D3D9.jpegD2A2582B-14DC-474A-AF0A-487327981B31.jpeg61A5399A-9406-4A2B-B57C-35871376A9D7.jpeg954378FF-436B-4BB7-BFB6-7B9E50DD82B0.jpeg90C32F71-4CA2-40F0-A050-00A52CAD9275.jpeg

2 Monster white oaks in the back yard uprooted and down, took the power, phone and cable lines down with it. AEP said for me to expect to be without power for at least 2 and maybe several days. I can hear trees coming down all through the valley.
Ouch. Keep your powder dry.

VN Store

Back