Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I had friends who took hours to get out of blowing rock in the midst of the storm Thursday.
That was before the worst of it hit.

No chance I’d go there if I weren’t part of the relief effort, with known sources of food and clean water.

I don’t mean this to be a wise guy, but if you are thinking about going there a week from now you do not have a grasp on just how bad things are in those mountains.

We cancelled yesterday actually. And advice from folks on the board definitely helped make the decision, which I appreciate.

Reactions: Ritzwatch
I had friends who took hours to get out of blowing rock in the midst of the storm Thursday.
That was before the worst of it hit.

No chance I’d go there if I weren’t part of the relief effort, with known sources of food and clean water.

I don’t mean this to be a wise guy, but if you are thinking about going there a week from now you do not have a grasp on just how bad things are in those mountains.
Yeah not a good idea to travel to any of these area for anything. I have family from stoney creek, Hampton, roan mountain, Boone, and Linville. They are all safe but supplies are scarce. There are still 2 areas i know of that are completely cut off by road, Elk Mills off of 321 on the way to Boone and Bumpus Cove off of hwy 81.

Reactions: Ritzwatch
Just saw a tribute to Diana Rigg (Mrs. Peel on the Avengers) and what a way to remember how hot that woman was!

1728007098828.jpeg

What was it about women in the 60s? I was just a boy, but goodness!

VN Store

Back