Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Posted this in the weather thread, but re-posting here for any input:

Question for anyone who might have knowledge:

I am supposed to go up to Blowing Rock NC weekend of October 11 and meet some family there for a few days. I was going to then drive down the Blueridge Pkwy or to Asheville, then to North Georgia and do some looking for possible future residence when I retire, but that portion of the trip is obviously off.

My concern even with going to Blowing Rock a week from now is that there will no real opportunity to do anything or go anywhere beyond that and that instead the town may well still be sort of a staging area for trucks, supplies, repair crews, and the like, headed to Asheville or thereabouts.

So, considering holding off on the trip and just cancelling reservations, flights, etc. for the moment. Any insights on how things are in the Blowing Rock area for general tourists like we would be?

I am supposed to go up to Blowing Rock NC weekend of October 11 and meet some family there for a few days. I was going to then drive down the Blueridge Pkwy or to Asheville, then to North Georgia and do some looking for possible future residence when I retire, but that portion of the trip is obviously off.

My concern even with going to Blowing Rock a week from now is that there will no real opportunity to do anything or go anywhere beyond that and that instead the town may well still be sort of a staging area for trucks, supplies, repair crews, and the like, headed to Asheville or thereabouts.

So, considering holding off on the trip and just cancelling reservations, flights, etc. for the moment. Any insights on how things are in the Blowing Rock area for general tourists like we would be?
You should reschedule your trip. A year would be safe. Seriously

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
my October is completely shot man. I am travelling and have plans every weekend. thankfully one of those plans is to the Florida game. got family coming to visit during the week, twice, in the month. a couple work trips during the week. a couple birthday parties, a "dude's" baby shower where the women are making us stand in a separate room from them with worse snacks and BYOB alcohol. the BYOB is only for the men of course. I am sure there is something else going on.

Sup bud. Been a minute, glad to hear from you. You know you can text/email me anytime though with work or personal stuff.

1st off...Congrats on the FU game!! I have only ever seen them once in Neyland and it was the Gaffney NO CATCH game. That will be amazing, i think we beat them badly like the Tabor/Toast game this year. That will be an amazing game atmosphere at night on national TV etc. Nice.

Second...October is the worst month of the year to be so busy especially on weekends. We still have Bama etc. After Arkansas we have a 5 game home stand for Petes sake!! I know you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes though especially now with the GF living with you and being serious etc. Very happy for you though. Good luck with all those plans this month...women can make life fill up and stay busy really fast. Wait til you have kids too...its all a blur and time starts to pass in weeks instead of days. It did for me anyway. Every week I would think " Man its Sunday again already. Starting a new week, grabbing a nap after church." I need to get back to that honestly. Have really gotten slack in the last few years and backslidden honestly. Not proud of my attitude or the bad language I use sometimes. Super proud of you though. With your career, the new house, your lady etc it seems like you are doing great brother. Very happy for yall. Just dont let her find out about McDad. Its gotta be hard to hide all the cards, flowers, noodz etc all the time.

I live in Charlotte man. This warning comes to my cell every day since the storm. All roads in western NC are closed. The damage up there is absolutely Biblical. Never before seen. Go watch some youtube videos of "western NC floods". I would definitely 100% be getting refunds and cancelling.

Edit: just now got todays alert while posting here:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001-171426_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20241001-171426_Gallery.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20241002-142036_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20241002-142036_Messages.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back