Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I use the Waze app for driving directions...it us far superior to the google maps app in every way IMO. Much better at routing you around an accident or traffic, and has never lead me to drive around in concentric circles like google can. Anyway...normally i can make it from here to Moms house in Alcoa in 3hrs45mins...cutting about 10 0r 15 mins off the 4hr expected at speed limits. The BEST time i can get waze to predict right now is 5hrs15mins and thats late at night. Making every stoplight and never stopping...with zero traffic. Only route there is available when folks are allowed to head west is I77 north to i-81 to catch 40 in Tennessee. Crazy folks.

Reactions: AM64
Geez, they mean business now. It’s apparently all hands on deck now in the valley. Linemen just suddenly swarmed out of nowhere. Crews from local AEP are on the scene and the National Grid crews are from New York and Boston. The big cheese of the outfit just told me I should be back on in about an hour.

F9261618-41D4-4147-ACE3-273A90EDBBF6.jpeg7A4D1DA2-E7C1-487D-A4B6-3CDCC41D23E8.jpegEEBDCA5B-B88E-4BF7-A939-55829AE6F415.jpeg3527C934-2AF6-4BB8-A660-01FBBD0E4622.jpegCCA2C6BB-FC4F-40CE-9FB0-09DBE47AB13C.jpeg

I use the Waze app for driving directions...it us far superior to the google maps app in every way IMO. Much better at routing you around an accident or traffic, and has never lead me to drive around in concentric circles like google can. Anyway...normally i can make it from here to Moms house in Alcoa in 3hrs45mins...cutting about 10 0r 15 mins off the 4hr expected at speed limits. The BEST time i can get waze to predict right now is 5hrs15mins and thats late at night. Making every stoplight and never stopping...with zero traffic. Only route there is available when folks are allowed to head west is I77 north to i-81 to catch 40 in Tennessee. Crazy folks.

Probably doesn't apply to you but my favorite thing about Waze is when I'm visiting big cities. You can route yourself somewhere to include the fastest way accounting for walking and public transportation simultaneously.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Probably doesn't apply to you but my favorite thing about Waze is when I'm visiting big cities. You can route yourself somewhere to include the fastest way accounting for walking and public transportation simultaneously.

Yep when i first started using it back in the day it would always ask if I was walking or driving. I heard it was developed by the Israeli IDF originally before it ever went public and came here. Its saved my butt from sitting in a traffic jam for untold hours too many times to count. It will route you thru a residential neighborhood, cutting thru a commercial park, even a big shopping center or parking lot tp get around accidents or standstill traffic. Amazing cooperative app that also tells you when there is a police car, objects in the road, road hazards to watch out for etc...truly awesome. I had to turn off the audio though lmao...I cant listen to someone tell me where to go regardless of who it is. Same as google.

VN Store

Back