Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Portal hypertension has developed, so it's not good. It is considered to be "decompensated cirrhosis" now .... so it's a max of 7 years.

agree with McDad - the how doesn't matter now. I hope you can focus on the path forward and fight the best you can. Have a friend who just had a transplant. I know it's a rough path but consider some counseling to deal with it. VN is with you brother.

Understood.

I encourage you to take whatever time you need to get past the shock and start thinking clearly. Lean on people you trust.

We're here for you.
He thinks for himself and takes a lot of shat.

Easy. I hope you think it's cool. Him seeing things differently than you doesn't necessarily make him a dumbass. I think you know it

I did this to myself.
Keep your chin up and take corrective action and you’ve got every reason to hope for a good outcome. I have a very good friend that tried to kill himself with bad scotch after his wife died. Over a decade ago he was told to get his affairs together his liver was dead. We put together an intervention and he got his act together and he’s alive and kicking today and while his liver isn’t 100% it healed enough to function just fine and keep him alive. His liver bloodwork is normal.

Really hoping you can find a similar outcome BB.

Way off topic .... I have been diagnosed with cirrhosis.
I hate this. My wife was diagnosed with terminal glioblastoma, and I am doing my best to cope with that. My brother-in-law had cirrhosis and received a liver from the University of Cincinnati in 2003. He is still with us.

I don't know you, but I will offer up thoughts and prayers your way (and your family's way) for sure.

I hate this. My wife was diagnosed with terminal glioblastoma, and I am doing my best to cope with that. My brother-in-law had cirrhosis and received a liver from the University of Cincinnati in 2003. He is still with us.

I don't know you, but I will offer up thoughts and prayers your way (and your family's way) for sure.
Damn I hate to read that about your wife also dude.

best to you and your wife. Cancer sucks big hairy donkey balls

Damn I hate to read that about your wife also dude.
best to you and your wife. Cancer sucks big hairy donkey balls
she had 1/8 of her left frontal lobe removed in March
we opted for the surgery
the last time we really "talked" was on March 4
It's the hardest road I've ever traveled
We have two daughters and four grandchildren who are helping as best they can
but she is confined to a skilled nursing facility

Edit: you never know when something like that can strike. it's still surreal to me.

No .... still just trying to get my head around it all.
Have you been set up with a hepatologist yet? First things first, you'll have to stop drinking alcohol. Nearest transplant center is Vanderbilt, assuming you still live in Knoxville. Your PCP or GI will need to set you up an appointment to be seen. They'll try to control it with lifestyle changes and medicine for the time being but monitor its progression. You'll have to qualify for organ transplant to be put on the list, and the list is based on need. The worse it gets, the higher you move up the list. It's very survivable. Just have to do as your doctors say.

VN Store

Back