Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to put that in your signature or you will be saying that all day long. :eek:k:

I know.... I am schizophrenic enough without have this guy running through the thread calling out everyone who believes it will be Gruden :good!:

You're correct, but I'd imagine if other NCAA coaches cannot be contacted during the season that would eliminate most big names since they would be playing in bowl games.

It may be a long way off, but you can bet that recruiters from other schools are burning it up trying to secure our previous committs.

Reactions: 1 person
Question, SFD will probably remember, very early in this process someone who claimed to have information said that a search firm would be used. I think this is a telling fact about the presser. I want to think it was Hyams.

Brent hubbs posted early yesterday he expected a search firm to be used

He's still going to carry water for Butch, how do you think he got 2 brand new vehicles? One being a Tahoe the other being a silverado, so that's well over 100K in vehicles. What about his club seats at Neyland, who do you think got him those? Oh who do you think put him in as brand ambassador for the Tennessee Line from American Eagle? Point is he got all these perks from Butch Jones and dancing for him. Ainge is a sell out and he's going to crash back down to the real world very soon. I was all but cast out of this place for saying these things last spring and everyone jumped my a$$.

Yes, I liked Ainge much better when he was on the Other station.

Personal opinion only, but whoever said that they believed a coach would be named before the vandy game - I think you have nailed the timing part. It would make no sense to not have a coach named before you bring your recruits in.

Reactions: 2 people
Personal opinion only, but whoever said that they believed a coach would be named before the vandy game - I think you have nailed the timing part. It would make no sense to not have a coach named before you bring your recruits in.

I think HearforGrumors was the first to elucidate the significance of that.

Saturday, September 8, 2018...over 104,000 in attendence at Neyland Stadium...there is a different type wind swirling around Knoxville, the likes that fans have not felt in 20 years...suddenly, the band lines separate, the Power T is formed...it goes quiet...fans begin to look around, the stadium goes deathly silent...then a low rumble starts, rumbling sounds begin to increase, it sounds like the begining of the song "Thuderstruck"?...what is happening? It is getting louder, and louder, then it is no longer that familiar AC/DC tune, someway, somehow, it transitioned to our beloved Rocky Top just as our Tennessee Volunteers rush onto the field led by COACH Jon Gruden...then we all finally realize once and for all...It is FOOTBALL TIME in Tennessee (CHAMPIONSHIP STYLE)!

That made me tear up.

PODS+Championship+Round+One+OcEuAR2qZmRx.jpg

This is GOLD!

Reactions: 5 people
As was talked about last night, ESPN is worth 40 to 50 Billion so I dont think anybody is buying them as a whole from Disney but what about just the MNF rights? They are what, 2 Billion? That could be had by the right person.

Also, on the Stalking Horse theory. Danny Kanell has tweeted twice about an announcement and soon. Somebody mentioned what if there is another anouncement. Chip Kelly works for ESPN also. What if that announcement comes first about Kelly to UF or where ever and then the Gruden announcement?

This was addressed yesterday. Kanell is with Fox and his former ESPN broadcasting friend is expected to be released by ESPN and is reported to be heading to Fox.

I'm still sitting at 60% on the Volfanometer this morning.
Still cautiously optimistic on the Gruden front.
Completely confident that Currie has his man already but I'm not sure that it's our man.

I so want it but am never going to have a confident feeling about it until I hear his name introduced by John Currie

People are such hypocrites.
They still want to burn Kiffin at the stake to this day for doing the same thing. Yet, they defend Lyle?

They are both in the wrong. Kiffin was trying to get them to join him at his crappy new school and Butch is trying to get them to stand in line with him at Home Depot to return the trashcan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
From VQ poster whos friend is D1 coach.. SIAP

"I can't give any more details than I've already shared, but I can say I'm fully on the JG train."

Reactions: 12 people
Fuente was not named until Sunday after season ended . So even though they obviously negotiated with him during the season. Officially he was not “hired” until after the season.
My son went to Memphis. They lost a game that they should have won because Fuente told them he was going to VT. That is a fact

Fuente was not named until Sunday after season ended . So even though they obviously negotiated with him during the season. Officially he was not “hired” until after the season.

And what I mean by season is regular season. Bowl games are not part of the season. As soon as the Saturday after the last regular season game is over the silly season begins. Bowl games don’t matter to coaching changes.

Even national championship bowl games. Remember, David Cutcliffe left UT after the regular season in 1998 to take the Ole Miss job. Randy sanders was OC for the championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back