Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Butch is officially gone, the AD/Currie and/or Jon can easily put to rest any rumors if they are not true. If nothing is said by either party, that would indicate to me things are not over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My son went to Memphis. They lost a game that they should have won because Fuente told them he was going to VT. That is a fact

I’m just saying that officialy no one will be named until after The regular season ends. There will be plenty of back room discussion and a decision may be made before the season is over, but no active coach will be named until after the regular season ends.

Someone came in when we first started down the ergen rabbit hole saying that he owns some new technology that everyone wants. Said the value was estimated around 80 billion. The person was a newish poster and seemed to know what he was talking about.

Reactions: 3 people
I’m just saying that officialy no one will be named until after The regular season ends. There will be plenty of back room discussion and a decision may be made before the season is over, but no active coach will be named until after the regular season ends.

that is IF we hire a coach that is coming from another school.

Soon

Now that Butch is officially gone, the AD and/or Currie can easily put to rest any Gruden rumors if they are not true. If nothing is said by either party, that would indicate to me things are not over.

Exactly, Currie couldve put the Grumors to rest during the PC but instead smiled and said that he wouldn't add to the misinformation which can only be a good answer imho. Either Gruden is on the hook or there at least have been some form of mutual interests.

We'll see..... SOON

Trying to clarify that this poster IS NOT ME...

The poster who posted "Better chance hiring Santa"
IS NOT ME................

Attachments

• mad.PNG
    mad.PNG
    81.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 2 people
As was talked about last night, ESPN is worth 40 to 50 Billion so I dont think anybody is buying them as a whole from Disney but what about just the MNF rights? They are what, 2 Billion? That could be had by the right person.

Also, on the Stalking Horse theory. Danny Kanell has tweeted twice about an announcement and soon. Somebody mentioned what if there is another anouncement. Chip Kelly works for ESPN also. What if that announcement comes first about Kelly to UF or where ever and then the Gruden announcement?

I agree, and whoever would buy it would no doubt want familiar talent to broadcast the games, IMO. On a $2 Billion deal, the announcers salaries are chump-change.

The positions ESPN cut weren't top-tiered/necessary positions. ESPN had talent overload.

IMO, if Gruden comes to UT it won't have to do with ESPN losing money. He'll get hired by another network.

Thanks.

Soon or soon-ish?

Sooner. But seriously. Our end has done everything they can and it should end well for us. However if something does go wrong it will be on jg’s. And we should move on permentantly. But the entire Ut end has made this a real possibility and no one can be faulted

Reactions: 8 people
Probably stated several times, the no search firm
seems important. Something is or nearly wrapped up.
Butch just couldn't do his part by at least being competitive to delay
announcement after vandy game.

Reactions: 2 people
Sooner. But seriously. Our end has done everything they can and it should end well for us. However if something does go wrong it will be on jg’s. And we should move on permentantly. But the entire Ut end has made this a real possibility and no one can be faulted

Thank you.

This confirms people getting info from the AD are getting bad info or no info at all. If Hubbs doesn't know, nobody knows.

It is kind of expected based upon what big schools typically do and what Tennessee has done in the past. BH probably just made an educated guess based upon past experience. Turns out he was wrong. Don't think there is much to read into this situation.

I agree, and whoever would buy it would no doubt want familiar talent to broadcast the games, IMO. On a $2 Billion deal, the announcers salaries are chump-change.

The positions ESPN cut weren't top-tiered/necessary positions. ESPN had talent overload.

IMO, if Gruden comes to UT it won't have to do with ESPN losing money. He'll get hired by another network.

I agree. But as I watch these games more and more as I get older (I'm still in my 30s), I start to realize that I don't watch the games on MNF because of who the announcer is. There are other announcers that are way cheaper, and if you look around the sports world, a lot of the announcers have changed to lesser no names on both college and pro and across multiple networks. Maybe this is something ESPN is doing to trim the fat to move forward? Just a thought/observation. I don't think they are firing Gruden or wanting him out, just saying it could be like a 2 year plan to head that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back