Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors aside there were two bits of encouraging news yesterday:

1. No search firm
2. Currie told Adrian Martinez there will be a coach by early signing day.

Bonus 3. The grinch-esque smile when asked about the Grudenator.

3b. the fact he didn't immediately shoot down gruden when asked directly, by the same guy, twice!

Reactions: 2 people
THIS IS NOT ME!.... :thud:

Hey Coasty, I created a little something for your use only since your avi is getting taken 😉

picture.php

Reactions: 10 people
UF getting into bed with Chip makes this UT hire so much more crucial ... (if it could get any bigger). No way we march out another mid-tier, upcomer, or even Dan Mullen when UF is going to electrify offensively, and UGA is turning back into its blueblood self with Kirby. We need a splash hire to keep pace, plain n’ simple.

Soon
But....but I thought Frost was a done deal for them

Other food for thought, and this may have already been said and I've missed it:

The stalking horse could pertain to agents. Just how, though, could be more convoluted than JFK's murder, but it makes as much, or more, sense than Gruden or VC. Sssterry mentioned the Beave, and he could be right. The Beave has operated under full anonymity and has taken all measures to preclude his identity from being known. This, in turn, begs the question, who is the Beave? Not what's his name and who does he play golf and drink scotch with, but is he a paid informant, or is he neck deep in the interwoven webs of Ergen and his mission?

Stalking horse - A person or thing that is used to conceal someone's real intentions.

Reactions: 1 person
It's been posted several times, but Currie getting credit for the hire is a big factor in this search.

Reactions: 3 people
Says he would be highly successful, maybe as much as Gruden. Makes it sound like there has been some expressed interest sometime in the past.

There was 5 years ago.. .don't know how serious. But this isn't the first time his name has been mentioned around this job.

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think Skeeter is Blackburn. He stopped posting in the recruiting forum when he moved to UTC. Blackburn, if I recall correctly, is a fisherman with a Skeeter bass boat.

I said this in 2012

I don't have anything against it, but why would he leave the Steelers that have continued success every year to come to us? What connection am I failing to see?

I didn't say it was likely, or even realistic, only that it's been mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back