Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized what a great coaching job this is for someone...we just paid a man 21 million or so for 5 years and when he sucked it up for those 5 years, we gave him another 8.25 million.

Reactions: 3 people
if espn goes out of business, we won't be watching much college football on tv. be like the 80's all over again. i hope they get their business worked out ... and letting gruden go is part of that.

win/win

Doubt it. Too much money in college football for someone else to not pick it up. CBS/ABC/FOX/etc would pick it up I'd think.

Heard Josh Ward’s interview with our QB commit Adrian Martinez. He sounds like a very impressive young man!

Anyway, one interesting tidbit was that John Currie called him and his dad and said the timeline for a hire was days.

That would be very unlikely if it was a sitting college HC at a successful program or an NFL coach. Sounds like good news for us here.

Reactions: 25 people
One prevailing message that seems to be growing here....SHUT US UP! It would be easy for Gruden to say, "I'm not coming!" Or, for Currie to say, "He is not coming!"

Until one of those happens, people can keep bi+ching about us, but we are not going to lose hope!

Reactions: 2 people
Folks - no way an existing NFL Head Coach who's team is in contention for playoffs is even on the radar screen. Timing simply does not work. For same reason, even a NFL assistant would be highly unlikely. So IMHO, that rules out Tomlin, Marrone, McDaniel and probably even Roman.

Per my source which is highly reliable, I was told that Currie has contacted a certain person, and told them that an announcement would be coming soon. Not in like hours but soon. They already have their guy, they just going through the process. I have no reason to doubt this whatsoever.

Reactions: 36 people
I just realized what a great coaching job this is for someone...we just paid a man 21 million or so for 5 years and when he sucked it up for those 5 years, we gave him another 8.25 million.

Let's stay a bit even-keeled in our memory of the past five years.

2015 was a good year, in context. 2016 almost was, until the wheels fell off toward the end.

It wasn't 5 bad years, it was a nice climb out of the pit followed by a heart-breaking fall back into it.

Reactions: 4 people
Per my source which is highly reliable, I was told that Currie has contacted a certain person, and told them that an announcement would be coming soon. Not in like hours but soon. They already have their guy, they just going through the process. I have no reason to doubt this whatsoever.

Lulz. Just stop.

I'm at 90%. I know he wants the job, and I believe that our powers that be want to give it to him. I also know that bad things can happen.

i'm not doubting you ... i just don't know how you're connected. how do you know he wants the job? cause if he does, well, boom.

Reactions: 1 person

Think by the end of the week?

I am applying for the next fired head coach at UT.... I will leave for a lot less :)

Reactions: 4 people
Hubbs with a Gruden nugget:

"The Gruden stuff will continue to grow. There's talk of him having to take a large pay cut at ESPN. So we will see where that goes."

Hubbs is secretly jumping on the Grudenwagon.

Sorry man, you’re not on my list. You’re down there with Jiminy Hyamms.

If Gruden wears an orange tie tonight on MNF, could be a sign.

Not sure he will be allowed to wear an orange tie tonight since Miami is playing and thats their color. Announcers cant show favoritism by wearing the colors of a team. I could be completely wrong on that, but i thought i heard that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back