Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see this article about Adrian Martinez?

Tennessee QB pledge Adrian Martinez reaffirms commitment, shares John Currie's timeline for coaching hire

Excerpt from article:

Without providing any specific details on candidates, Currie’s message to the quarterback appears to have resonated.

“It gave me confidence that something is going to happen soon,” he said. “For me, going through this process, I plan on signing December 20th, and I know a lot of other players do as well — as far as being an early enrollee or early signing day period, the thought is this has to happen fast for a lot of us.”

The big question on Martinez’s mind, as is likely the question all Tennessee commits or recruits are asking, will a new coach be in place in time for the early signing day? According to Currie, there’s no doubt the answer is yes.

“I asked (John Currie) if I can expect to see this new coach, get to talk to him and get a feel before I go in and sign with this school and he said most certainly,” Martinez said. “He actually said, ‘If there’s not a new head football coach by December 20th then there will be a new AD in town.’ So I’m confident the job will get done and done as quickly as it can.”

SOON.

Reactions: 19 people
Not sure he will be allowed to wear an orange tie tonight since Miami is playing and thats their color. Announcers cant show favoritism by wearing the colors of a team. I could be completely wrong on that, but i thought i heard that.

But Miami orange and Tennessee orange are so very different!

Trust me....I’m a girl lol.

Reactions: 1 person
One prevailing message that seems to be growing here....SHUT US UP! It would be easy for Gruden to say, "I'm not coming!" Or, for Currie to say, "He is not coming!"

Until one of those happens, people can keep bi+ching about us, but we are not going to lose hope!

Yeah. I've been saying for two months that Gruden would not comment on a filled position. That's not the case anymore.

Every hour that goes by now where he doesn't comment is good news for us.

i'm not doubting you ... i just don't know how you're connected. how do you know he wants the job? cause if he does, well, boom.

I've connected with someone on this very board who validated to me (and I was able to verify) his identity. Once he told me that Gruden wants the job, I knew it was true.

Reactions: 21 people
Heard Josh Ward’s interview with our QB commit Adrian Martinez. He sounds like a very impressive young man!

Anyway, one interesting tidbit was that John Currie called him and his dad and said the timeline for a hire was days.

That would be very unlikely if it was a sitting college HC at a successful program or an NFL coach. Sounds like good news for us here.

Is there a link to that interview?

Reactions: 2 people
Let's stay a bit even-keeled in our memory of the past five years.

2015 was a good year, in context. 2016 almost was, until the wheels fell off toward the end.

It wasn't 5 bad years, it was a nice climb out of the pit followed by a heart-breaking fall back into it.
#soon

tumblr_inline_ngprlwcIvQ1r07ixj.gif

Per my source which is highly reliable, I was told that Currie has contacted a certain person, and told them that an announcement would be coming soon. Not in like hours but soon. They already have their guy, they just going through the process. I have no reason to doubt this whatsoever.

You date for the announcement of the firing of Butch was right on.... SOLID!

However I'm going to need a bit more that vague references at this point...... much of what I read in here is a Nostradamus prophesy that could be applied to most any situation

Everybody keep calm and Grude on.....

Don't get all "premaGrudeny" on me..........Soon!

Attachments

• premature-champagne-podium-F1-pops-on-its-own-14198770364.gif
    premature-champagne-podium-F1-pops-on-its-own-14198770364.gif
    2 MB · Views: 649
Reactions: 4 people
Gruden or not, it would seem that if it is true that Currie reached out to Martinez, there was a reason behind that. Maybe the “Coach in waiting” really wants to hang on to him and gave instructions to reach out to him and try to keep him on board until a coach is named. Maybe that is normal for an AD to do, I don’t know, but if not that would add to the evidence that a quick hire and announcement is imminent. I would guess that if he reached out to Martinez, he would also reach out to Mays. It seems those 2 would be keys in the next class, regardless of who the coach is.

Reactions: 5 people
if espn goes out of business, we won't be watching much college football on tv. be like the 80's all over again. i hope they get their business worked out ... and letting gruden go is part of that.

win/win

vols need a local station broadcast like the titans do. Ridiculous i have to have 3 different paid packages to watch the state university football games.

Not saying that he would be interested, but there have been several instances of Tomlin and his players and owners not seeing eye to eye over the last 3 or so years. Big Ben and Antonio Bryant in particular have thrown back handed insults about him in the media. If he does not have the respect of the locker room, he could be looking for the next opportunity elsewhere. I don't see Tennessee being a good fit though.

He coached under Gruden at TB. Maybe Gruden really is just helping with the search and that’s who he’s going after. :)

Disclaimer: there is no way in hades Tomlin is coming to UT. Lol

But Miami orange and Tennessee orange are so very different!

Trust me....I’m a girl lol.

Haha! I finally see the "other" Wild As A Mink on VN.com. Well met, lady. :)

A couple of other folks and I got confused together a couple of days ago because they were saying Wild As a Mink is a woman, and I was saying he's a man. Then someone pointed out there are two people with similar names. :)

So...nice to meet you. :hi: Your "twin brother" is bats**t crazy, but in a lovable, entirely pro-Vol way. Don't know if you've run into him yet.

Go Vols!

p.s. Researchers have confirmed that women can see up to 25,500 distinct shades of color. Men see 6. :)

Reactions: 3 people
Currie is not picking the coach. Currie has already been told that JG will be the coach.
Currie is just a p-i-o for the big donors. This was all decided at the famous Blackberry Farm Summit. That is why there is no search firm.

Curries might interview a few candidates but that will be smoke to appease the fans.
A previous timeline quoted an announcement about the time or day of the SEC Championship Game.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back