Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dish (and by default, Charlie Ergen) owns a lot of wireless spectrum that is in the range used by the cellular phone companies. The spectrum was bought at auction from the FCC and has a requirement attached to build out or use in a wireless network by 2021 (I think that's the date, have to double check). As of yet, there are no public indications on how Dish plans on using the spectrum but there's a lot of speculation. The spectrum is becoming increasingly valuable as the demand for wireless data goes through the roof.

Dish had the option of a buildout path with an interim milestone (40% coverage) in March 2017 and a final milestone (70% coverage) in March 2021. They missed the interim milestone, so they have no choice but to go with their other option: an accelerated final milestone of March 7, 2020.

It's interesting how changing deadlines can sometimes dramatically alter the payoff matrix.

Reactions: 12 people
A friend of mine posted 28 minutes ago on FB that he was entering a restaurant in Knox and Gruden was exiting. He said he asked for a photo and was told by someone with Gruden, no, he was in a hurry to get to Charlotte. TIFWIW. I hope hes telling the truth.

Just saw Elvis coming out of IHOP.

Reactions: 12 people
... would potential coaches be contacting possible staff to determine their interest BEFORE they decide to actually do it???

I know they wouldn't be contacting people if they for sure weren't going to do it so I take this as a big deal

Reactions: 2 people
A friend of mine posted 28 minutes ago on FB that he was entering a restaurant in Knox and Gruden was exiting. He said he asked for a photo and was told by someone with Gruden, no, he was in a hurry to get to Charlotte. TIFWIW. I hope hes telling the truth.

If he was in a restaurant in Knoxville there would be several people posting on here that he was spotted.

The stalking horse is not the deception of the idea itself, but the deception of who the idea is coming from.

Beav is stating he has been put out by the individual with the real power, to bring claims of Gruden to the masses to cause a reaction. What does this do? It puts pressure on those against the idea, because now the idea exists in the public. The idea Gruden is coming and nothing else will be accepted.

If the deal falls through, well, Beav takes the heat from the masses, but the powers that be do not.

If it goes through, the powers that be accomplished their task, and they can either choose to come out and claim the idea as their own, or remain in the shadows.

So someone (we assume a booster) sent MIT to inflate fan expectations by telling us a deal was done. Thus putting pressure on the AD to make it happen, because now the fans know about the deal. If it doesn't get done, we will assume the AD screwed it up.

The only question is... Did this deal actually exist? Or was it made up just to raise our expectations? If the deal actually exists, then this was a brilliant strategy. The people involved with the deal can't come out and say it themselves, so they use an agent (MIT) to anonymously get the information out there... So now, not only is there a deal, but the fans know about it. That backs the AD into a corner, which lines up with how MIT described the situation. It would also explain how MIT knows so much. He would be getting the information directly from the source.

Reactions: 1 person

I think you should highlight that this is your opinion based on what you know.

Otherwise, it will take about 30 seconds before somebody comes in demanding to see a photocopy of a signed contract and a birth certificate for you, your siblings, parents, Tee, Tee's siblings, Tee's parents, and a letter of reference from your third grade teacher.

9GmLx.gif

Reactions: 5 people
So is Tennessee reaching out to the Jets D.C. To be HC or is Gruden reaching out to him to be his D.C.? What is the story with the rumors?

So someone (we assume a booster) sent MIT to inflate fan expectations by telling us a deal was done. Thus putting pressure on the AD to make it happen, because now the fans know about the deal. If it doesn't get done, we will assume the AD screwed it up.

The only question is... Did this deal actually exist? Or was it made up just to raise our expectations? If the deal actually exists, then this was a brilliant strategy. The people involved with the deal can't come out and say it themselves, so they use an agent (MIT) to anonymously get the information out there... So now, not only is there a deal, but the fans know about it. That backs the AD into a corner, which lines up with how MIT described the situation. It would also explain how MIT knows so much. He would be getting the information directly from the source.

Does Ergen have a son?

I think you should highlight that this is your opinion based on what you know.

Otherwise, it will take about 30 seconds before somebody comes in demanding to see a photocopy of a signed contract and a birth certificate for you, your siblings, parents, Tee, Tee's siblings, Tee's parents, and a letter of reference from your third grade teacher.

His word is good enough for me

... would potential coaches be contacting possible staff to determine their interest BEFORE they decide to actually do it???

I know they wouldn't be contacting people if they for sure weren't going to do it so I take this as a big deal

My thought is this...Gruden KNOWS he could have a great staff...probably knows not too many people would turn him down...so why in the world would you call to check interest just in case you took the job. Imo you call because you know your taking the job

Reactions: 3 people
C'mon. All this super secret BS is ridiculous. "I know someone...who is an insider and he told me some stuff but I can't say anything...but I will leave a series of clues and riddles for you to solve along the way....cuz I am important and know stuff...but you must play my game and believe me. And no...I can't tell u who I really am...or who I know....but let's just say...I'm kind of a big deal".

Lol. I actually agree with you, but I think it’s just fun to speculate and play detective a little bit. This thread is wacky but that’s what makes it fun. But FWIW I lost interest in the Beav and bread crumbs. Sorry Beaver. Still think you’re a super witty dude. I just have my eyes focused on the prize now.

I'm in total agreement. I'm afraid this thread will go nuts. I think JG would like to get his coordinators in line prior to announcing and they just might still be coaching. The DC I'm favoring had a helluva showing in the SEC Sat. With that being said could be between end of regular season and before SECCG. We just have to monitor the AD. The less activity we see the more it confirms the deal is done.

Kevin Steele? Would be near the top of my list.

dish had the option of a buildout path with an interim milestone (40% coverage) in march 2017 and a final milestone (70% coverage) in march 2021. They missed the interim milestone, so they have no choice but to go with their other option: An accelerated final milestone of march 7, 2020.

It's interesting how changing deadlines can sometimes dramatically alter the payoff matrix.

😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back