Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Gave you a like cause it made me chuckle

Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

Your crow supper reservation has been confirmed.

Reactions: 4 people
Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

I see there, that's Rooster1, rooster with two o's..... yep we got it. You just made the list!

Reactions: 3 people
That's your worst case scenario? Kiffin, Dooley, Jones...There could easily be another no-name coach to continue this pattern

Currie knows he cannot blow this hire with hiring another Dooley/Jones type thing.

I truthfully believe worse case scenrio we end up with a Mullen/Campbell. Which realistically neither is an awful hire, not great but def not Dooley/Jones type hires

Reactions: 1 person
Is that really the best you can come up with? If you are going to come in here to try and rain on our parade I suggest you bring something a little more original besides the same **** that we have seen a million times. Now reach up with that little mouse of yours and hit the page back button on your screen and come back with something different or if you cant then move on and GTFO.

Or he could just make stuff up like those who believe Gruden is coming have done.

You rang???

This would be a great hire for LB coach. Love DJ but not sure abt SEC DC. Maybe he’s ready. We’ll see.

All in!

GRUDEN TO THE HILL.

Reactions: 2 people
The most economical route is neither of those. The trucks didn't even have to stop, if in fact they are team-driven (and most likely are). You're too quick to blame "traffic" and dismiss logic.

Not team driven, I can vouch on this. Production truck drivers bounce from city to city and scheduled to only work gigs they can get to under their allowed driving restrictions. MNF production trucks have 3-4 days to go cross country if need be before set up begins for the next show.

I think there were a few people that were dead serious.

Nah. Everyone was having fun. Even the two most physically engaged participants, Sara (who made a phone call) and Sleuth (? probably remembering name wrong), who had dinner at Hooters nearby to get eyes on the trucks, were in for the fun of it.

Currie knows he cannot blow this hire with hiring another Dooley/Jones type thing.

I truthfully believe worse case scenrio we end up with a Mullen/Campbell. Which realistically neither is an awful hire, not great but def not Dooley/Jones type hires

I would take Mullen all day.

"The overtures to Jon Gruden, a Super Bowl champion coach, the NFL’s most recognizable broadcast voice and one-time UT assistant coach in the 1980s, are very real and much further along than at any point in any of Tennessee’s previous courtships to the mega-star football mind.

Six different sources, ranging from current coaches to former all-time great Vols to college administrators, in the past 72-96 hours tell me that Gruden is far more seriously considering this Tennessee offer than ever before; so much so that Gruden is making some preliminary calls to coaches and other college athletics folks about potentially joining him in Knoxville."

Reactions: 14 people

He doesn't have an active contract with MNF/ESPN for next year, that has already been addressed. With the announcement of over 100 more staffers from ESPN being let go within the next 2 weeks and his name has been mentioned in that regards more than once he would definitely leave. The pressure is coming from Cindy to stay near home of her parent's since they both aren't doing well. Reason they bought Haslams old house in knoxville. Coaching at Tennessee would be the perfect fit for him given his resources. To simply just disregard and throw out the idea of him coaching here is just negligent and irresponsible!

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back