Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most economical route is neither of those. The trucks didn't even have to stop, if in fact they are team-driven (and most likely are). You're too quick to blame "traffic" and dismiss logic.

One of my very best friends was a long haul trucker for 35 years. They avoid major traffic jams. They avoid certain interstate areas in general if possible.

I don't know that they are team driven and feel that they almost assuredly aren't, as that is very rare, especially at a time when ESPN is laying off people right and left. Why have two people to do the job that one can easily do?

I hardly think I'd call using real world conditions such as avoiding a massive traffic mess as dismissing logic, while thinking a company sent it's trucks somewhere as a troll job as logical.

He's way down our list, but a little tidbit on Matt Campbell. Per a friend of mine in the Iowa State Foundation office, ISU is working on a new deal for Campbell that would include "poison pills" to ward off other suitors.

From Brett McMurphy...

Jon Gruden in August: “If I became a college coach I would probably have you on probation w/in 4 or 5 weeks. Too many rules, man. I mean I like to work. The recruiting … all that stuff. Yeah, I’d probably have you in real deep, deep trouble if I was your college coach”

Beaver or Bubba (can’t remember which) said Castor is not involved.

This is my recollection (and simplistic interpretation) of the VC discussion from the very early threads ...

Castor was a convenient example used to stimulate the thought processes relative to alternative financing and Alumni/Booster involvement. Convenient because of the screen name MIT Beaver, which led folks to investigate the VC organization, Castor. This introduced the concept and possibility that Alumni and friends of a university could establish an arrangement or be assisted by a similar arrangement.

An unintended consequence of various investigations and discussions caused concerns relative to potential doxing of certain players. It was not the intent. For this reason, open detailed discussion was curtailed.

JMO

From Brett McMurphy...

Jon Gruden in August: “If I became a college coach I would probably have you on probation w/in 4 or 5 weeks. Too many rules, man. I mean I like to work. The recruiting … all that stuff. Yeah, I’d probably have you in real deep, deep trouble if I was your college coach”

From an old old old article

Reactions: 8 people
Nah. Everyone was having fun. Even the two most physically engaged participants, Sara (who made a phone call) and Sleuth (? probably remembering name wrong), who had dinner at Hooters nearby to get eyes on the trucks, were in for the fun of it.

Oh I think 99.9% we’re having fun. It was one of favorite nights on here. But I’m just saying, some people are gullible man.

Side note, not towards you 82, a warning I was given that some people might want to take heed....wouldn’t try and guess identities and might want to alter posts accordingly.

Reactions: 1 person
From Brett McMurphy...

Thanks for stopping by, now go back to the Mullen thread.

Reactions: 10 people
From Brett McMurphy...

Jesus....I think Gruden was joking! He does actually have a sense of humor!!

From Brett McMurphy...

Thanks Jimmy....never heard that before.

Reactions: 6 people
Rank the Gruden hire compared to...

Saban to Bama
Meyer to OSU
Harbaugh to Michigan

These are the 3 biggest "splash" type hires that I can remember recently.

Can we all come to grips that Basillo is a minor league shock jock and just caters to whatever turns the needle? It’s fine to quote Brice and others on his show, but he is an idiot with no real opinion. So when he says “If it is Gruden, we should here something this week.” it’s because he heard it here and has no real knowledge. Rant over.

Reactions: 10 people
Why do posters keep coming in here spreading their venom. It’s Jon. No rah rah coaches We are getting a real coach who loves football. No Pom Pom shower discipline champions of life crap. No more

Reactions: 5 people
From Brett McMurphy...

smokescreen.....
GRUDEN TO THE HILL :hi:

Rank the Gruden hire compared to...

Saban to Bama
Meyer to OSU
Harbaugh to Michigan

These are the 3 biggest "splash" type hires that I can remember recently.
Definitely on that level...especially from a National perception standpoint.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back