Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a cruise ship, headed out for 5 days. No internet access, and won't be able to follow this thread, and it's killing me, lol

I have been so invested. Figures all this would go down right before I leave.

Glad butch is gone, and hoping Gruden will be announced Soon :)

You guys hold the fort down!

Gruden to the hill!

Reactions: 9 people
The posters who have came in here and acted as if we are delusional are currently planning a long vacation from VN to avoid their crow 😎

Don't let them off the hook, we must remember them.

I still think the Gruden talk is delusional. I'll be happy if it happens though. :closedeyes:

I've said this once, but I'll say it again. The same people that say Gruden will never happen, are the same people who will say he can't coach once we get him. Write it down. They'll instantly become a Gruden hater and will want him to fail so that they can say "I told you so".

They just can’t wrap their heads around Tennessee hitting a homerun. They will all be on board if he is hired. May be a couple of holdouts at most

I agree at this point but a few weeks ago I would have bet $10000 and given 10-1 that we have no chance. In 2012 everyone I knew in the AD and in the media thought from the beginning it was a done deal then out came Butch and everyone was like WHAT?

This time around it has been tight lipped other than some Boosters with loose lips and assumptions BUT in the last 48 hours things have come to light that make me think it is more possible now than ever.

I believe these things to be true:

Gruden is the first choice and is considering an "offer"
Gruden is reaching out to potential staff
Gruden is buying a house here for sure either way
Mainstream media starting to give the narrative validity
People I know who laughted and scoffed at the idea just a few weeks ago now are saying things like "50-50" and "Likely".

I REFUSE to get sucked in like I did in 2012. I do not believe it is done but I am better than 50-50 that Gruden will have to turn down a MUCH better offer than he almost took in 2012 with a much better situation.

I am almost there in believing but have been burned BAD in the past so again, when John introduces Jon I will celebrate. Until then I will just hope.....

I completely understand. I still have reservation that comes from 2012 but I do believe there was a lot of substance to the rumors then, and I believe we didn't have our ducks in a row. I do think this time is entirely different and the powers that be now are of a completely different mindset. But I do get your skepticism and don't blame you one bit.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree at this point but a few weeks ago I would have bet $10000 and given 10-1 that we have no chance. In 2012 everyone I knew in the AD and in the media thought from the beginning it was a done deal then out came Butch and everyone was like WHAT?

This time around it has been tight lipped other than some Boosters with loose lips and assumptions BUT in the last 48 hours things have come to light that make me think it is more possible now than ever.

I believe these things to be true:

Gruden is the first choice and is considering an "offer"
Gruden is reaching out to potential staff
Gruden is buying a house here for sure either way
Mainstream media starting to give the narrative validity
People I know who laughted and scoffed at the idea just a few weeks ago now are saying things like "50-50" and "Likely".

I REFUSE to get sucked in like I did in 2012. I do not believe it is done but I am better than 50-50 that Gruden will have to turn down a MUCH better offer than he almost took in 2012 with a much better situation.

I am almost there in believing but have been burned BAD in the past so again, when John introduces Jon I will celebrate. Until then I will just hope.....

This is probably the most boom worth y post I've seen in all 33 threads of Grumors.

Reactions: 3 people
Will it be ok to cry at Grudens introductory PC? Tears of joy of course.

I'll start a freaking parade down Kingston Pike. I live at the very edge of W, Knoxville...we don't have to start from my end of town though. I'm fine with meeting the plane on the tarmac and marching down Alcoa Hwy as well.

He better not be driven to UT in a KIA though.

Reactions: 2 people
Gruden will be the coach of the NY Giants. Bank it.

I don't think that will be the case.

If Gruden coaches next season (or beyond next season), it will likely be at Tennessee or Tampa Bay. And I don't really see Tampa Bay happening (they fired him a decade ago, would it make sense to bring back a fired coach, pay him more, and give him complete control over personnel? I guess it's possible, but it doesn't seem likely.)

I think those are the only two landing spots because he's either going to live in Knoxville or Tampa. If he really is moving to Knoxville area regardless of coaching, then it wouldn't make sense to coach in New York. If he doesn't end up at Tennessee or Tampa Bay, then I imagine he sticks with broadcasting, wherever that ends up taking him.

5Mb5b.gif

That appears to be smokey grey smoke. Is it from the AD'S office?

Reactions: 3 people
quick thought...What if Hoke is interim coach because Gruden is going to retain him. It would make sense so they could work together in the weeks to come....

Reactions: 1 person
I may be behind on all the info, but regarding Gruden if he was going to take the job how does the timeline really pan out with his contract with MNF? When could he actually be announced if hired?

Gruden is under contract with ESPN through 2021. I am sure they would let him go since they are in deep yogurt financially and he's their highest paid employee.

Have no idea who cam winfree is. If he says he got it off reddit then someone is taking information from VN and putting it on there. Don't know how it went from VN to reddit back to VN that quick.

I’ve said this before but the danger of this place, like a huge megaphone, is that we often create the story. Something is said here, repeated elsewhere, repeated another place, and then comes back here as “verified by multiple sources.”

Reactions: 7 people
I've said this once, but I'll say it again. The same people that say Gruden will never happen, are the same people who will say he can't coach once we get him. Write it down. They'll instantly become a Gruden hater and will want him to fail so that they can say "I told you so".

That's pretty much how every coaching search goes no matter who is hired.

Reactions: 2 people
quick thought...What if Hoke is interim coach because Gruden is going to retain him. It would make sense so they could work together in the weeks to come....

Hoke was going to be interim regardless. They didn't want to move coordinators around, and Gillespie doesn't have HC experience. And Canales....well come on it was never going to be Canales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back