Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. Don't disagree. Just disapointed he was not more positive on Gruden.

I've wanted Gruden since before they trotted Dooley out there, but to me yesterday was so much bigger than Gruden. I hope we try like he!! To get him but if we don't get him I now have confidence that we will have actually tried and failed rather than not tried at all.

Reactions: 2 people
What is it about Gruden? Why not Doug Marrone, Jim Bob, Jeremy Bates or Kacy Rodgers?

Gruden won his Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's players, so he's never had success building a team from the ground up.

Good news is we pick first in the draft since we were 0-8 in the SEC

Reactions: 5 people
For anyone watching the B1G game. They just claimed "a small portion of the UT fan base were vocally against the [Schiano] hire, so UT pulled the offer. I think that was wrong."

I wish they would get the facts right. It was the WHOLE fan base.

Reactions: 12 people
What is it about Gruden? Why not Doug Marrone, Jim Bob, Jeremy Bates or Kacy Rodgers?

Gruden won his Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's players, so he's never had success building a team from the ground up.

Yes, because building a NFL roster is exactly the same as building a college roster.

Didn't he beat his "roster" for that Super Bowl?

Reactions: 1 person
I think it's mostly a small group of people who want to feel special (that they have inside info) by feeding the gullible a load of crap. And then another group that's just in it and help perpetuate the threads for their own amusement. I just wish they would stay in their thread. What would really be nice is if they got their own forum (so they can say that the coach we hire is really a smoke screen and gruden will come after he is done with MNF or some such garbage).

Oh

Soon

For anyone watching the B1G game. They just claimed "a small portion of the UT fan base were vocally against the [Schiano] hire, so UT pulled the offer. I think that was wrong."

It was the whole dang state of TN!!!

*The fans, students, politicians, nobody wanted Sheano. (Except Haslam)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

How many 18 year old aspiring NFL stars know who Doug Marrone, JBC, Jeremy Bates or Kacy Rogers is?

They all know who Jon F'n Gruden is.

Jimmies and Joes trump x's and o's al day long and on a positive note Gruden has the x's and o's locked down as well.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks TV, haven't read this one, but if it's as good as the one she wrote earlier this week it should be good ...

You are correct, it is a good read. My favorite part:

"We don't know if he'll accept after the Schiano fiasco," one completely pretend source said. "But we'll keep adding a million until we're all bankrupt."

I think my Grudeometer just broke.

To answer your question.....

Gruden re-built the Raiders into a Superbowl contending team....

If you want to hang your hat on the "Tony Dungy's" players hook....... What did Tony Dungy ACTUALLY DO with his players?

There's a reason why Tampa Bay gave up draft picks for a COACH.....

A coach has only been traded twice in the NFL..... I'll leave it up to you to do the homework to find out which the other one was.......

Reactions: 2 people

I’m still sitting here waiting on this “super coach” to get any other offers. Maybe he has, and he hasn’t seen them.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it's mostly a small group of people who want to feel special (that they have inside info) by feeding the gullible a load of crap. And then another group that's just in it and help perpetuate the threads for their own amusement. I just wish they would stay in their thread. What would really be nice is if they got their own forum (so they can say that the coach we hire is really a smoke screen and gruden will come after he is done with MNF or some such garbage).

Oh

Soon
First action was a false start.

Agreed. She’s a smart lady. Knows UT football. And football in general. I heard her many time on Finebaum the last few seasons (Not this one for obvious reasons!) ....we’ll spoken & articulate. Much respect.

Sounds like she has some good connections on the booster side as well.

Ok, these DR pepper challenges. Can we do away with the chest toss? Shouldn't it be a true football throw for it to count?

Thank you. I've been complaining about that garbage all day. My wife doesn't understand my frustration.

Been thinking about the same thing ...
Have them throw it from about 20 yards, even with a bigger target that will eliminate the chest heave throws

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back