Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my kids are actually my step kids.. they are 3 and 5.. I just sent this text to my wife (I changed his name for privacy)::

=========

Titus saw a picture of Neyland stadium:

Titus: "we need to go there"
Me: " oh, we do?"
Titus: "yeah. And with mom!"
Me: "great idea buddy!!"
Winning him over already muahaha!!!

============
I think he needs a vol shirt for Christmas

Reactions: 5 people
Talking guns and guitars.....years ago I attempted to write a song called Guns, Guitars & Motorcycles. Never got pas the 2nd verse.

I wrote an entire song in a half hour on the beach this summer named "Margaritas and Cheap Cigars". The bad news is I drank so much tequila I woke up using my guitar as a pillow and couldn't remember one damn bit of the song.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are a true beginner, the way it feels is the most important thing. Even if it is a cheap, used guitar, if it's not comfortable to you (neck, action, etc), you won't want to practice enough to learn how to play.

I concur, great advice.

Not at all man.

I've wanted to learn how to play for a long time, but always put it off.

Finally learned that I gotta start doing things that make myself happy.

I am gonna learn how to play. Would make the night's on these jobsites way more enjoyable.

Noble Endeavor. I love shopping for guitars. Go to every guitar shop you can find and just sit there and play. Guitar Center has a great selection. Play some high end Taylors, Gibson, and Martins. Once you get a feel for the sound and playability then start pulling the lower price models off the wall. Solid top would be a must for me, but after that it's a lot of personal preference. He more you play the better you will get to learn what you like. Pay attention to the wood used on the back and side in relation to which guitars you think sound the best.

In the end guitars are really a used market. Buying a new guitar is really only a protection against a novice getting something with a defect. Old guitars sound better and are cheaper than new ones. Thus if you know what you want then don't be afraid to venture into a used guitar. Just play it first or have a return policy.

And again, enjoy the hunt. Not many purchases where you can walk in, play $30,000 worth of merchandise and walk out without spending a dime. If you feel guilty buy a pick or a set of Eliixr's.

Reactions: 3 people
So, my kids are actually my step kids.. they are 3 and 5.. I just sent this text to my wife (I changed his name for privacy)::

=========

Titus saw a picture of Neyland stadium:

Titus: "we need to go there"
Me: " oh, we do?"
Titus: "yeah. And with mom!"
Me: "great idea buddy!!"
Winning him over already muahaha!!!

============
I think he needs a vol shirt for Christmas

Throw in a football with that shirt

Cedrick Wilson Jr having a great game for Boise over on ESPN right now.

Makes me feel old cause I saw Cedric wilson play my hometown Giles County Bobcats in the high school playoffs way back when. That team had about 9 guys that played in the NFL

I wrote an entire song in a half hour on the beach this summer named "Margaritas and Cheap Cigars". The bad news is I drank so much tequila I woke up using my guitar as a pillow and couldn't remember one damn bit of the song.

Now that’s a great song title! Sorry for your loss of memory.....

All good. Guess I could have come off like an a$$ there. Didn’t mean it that way. Go Vols!

Soon...

None taken. I plead ignorance on all things NFL, never cared for it. Was always a college football girl, feel like it’s more exciting and fans are more passionate and loyal

Talking guns and guitars.....years ago I attempted to write a song called Guns, Guitars & Motorcycles. Never got pas the 2nd verse.

I wrote two songs, one of which won a contest in Nashville. A friend of mines group sung it. But it never went anywhere. It was called, "Make that Eagle Fly", a song about my Dad and when I played baseball. and teh other was "5 Years in the Pen, Beats 5 Minutes with You" you can imagine what that was about. I also did a cute little jingle call "My Wiener" to the tune of the "My Buddy" jingle.

Reactions: 3 people
And I keep seeing this keto diet mentioned. I need to check into it.

Not that I have a weight issue but always try to stay somewhat healthy.

My wife has been following the keto diet for about six months now. I noticed her overall health improvements so I decided to give it a shot about a month ago.
I am 39 and have always tried to maintain my overall health but over the last week I have really noticed my energy levels going through the roof. I have actually extended my workouts the last few days.

Reactions: 2 people
And again, enjoy the hunt. Not many purchases where you can walk in, play $30,000 worth of merchandise and walk out without spending a dime. If you feel guilty buy a pick or a set of Eliixr's.

One of these days I’m going to write a guitar shop etiquette book.

If you are a true beginner, the way it feels is the most important thing. Even if it is a cheap, used guitar, if it's not comfortable to you (neck, action, etc), you won't want to practice enough to learn how to play.

Sage advice.. It's frustrating enough in the beginning without adding a bad feel to it...

Folks, i believe i have found live video of Deerhunter

SOON
200.gif

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back