Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody watching-or maybe I should say suffering through-the Big Ten championship game? They've literally been showing a guy throw turf on the field for a solid 10 minutes and have nothing to talk about but turf science hahaha 😂

Reactions: 1 person
I wrote two songs, one of which won a contest in Nashville. A friend of mines group sung it. But it never went anywhere. It was called, "Make that Eagle Fly", a song about my Dad and when I played baseball. and teh other was "5 Years in the Pen, Beats 5 Minutes with You" you can imagine what that was about. I also did a cute little jingle call "My Wiener" to the tune of the "My Buddy" jingle.

Nice 👍

Noble Endeavor. I love shopping for guitars. Go to every guitar shop you can find and just sit there and play. Guitar Center has a great selection. Play some high end Taylors, Gibson, and Martins. Once you get a feel for the sound and playability then start pulling the lower price models off the wall. Solid top would be a must for me, but after that it's a lot of personal preference. He more you play the better you will get to learn what you like. Pay attention to the wood used on the back and side in relation to which guitars you think sound the best.

In the end guitars are really a used market. Buying a new guitar is really only a protection against a novice getting something with a defect. Old guitars sound better and are cheaper than new ones. Thus if you know what you want then don't be afraid to venture into a used guitar. Just play it first or have a return policy.

And again, enjoy the hunt. Not many purchases where you can walk in, play $30,000 worth of merchandise and walk out without spending a dime. If you feel guilty buy a pick or a set of Eliixr's.

screw elixirs. Give me regular ol d'addarios any day. I've got a Diaon 78 Heritage. best cheap guitar i've ever played. beautiful little japanese guitar. they weren't made for long, if you can find one, they're not expensive. problem is nobody sells em.
a ton of session players used to play them in the 80s and 90s. billy joe walker jr. played almost nothing else on sessions as i recall. it's worth checking out eBay for if one is looking for reasonably priced awesome acoustic

Reactions: 4 people
meh. a man's liable to shoot his eye out with one of those things.

anybody just hear the announcers dis us on the Ohio State Game?

That is to be expected, they are going to push a narrative and an agenda. The best thing the fan base can do is circle the wagons and don't give them anymore ammo. If you don't have a logical argument that tears them down and hurts their credibility, just don't respond. The worst thing the fans can do is respond to their tweets with "F You" or "You're an idiot" because it further reinforces their narrative.

Folks, i believe i have found live video of Deerhunter

SOON
200.gif

Laughing my ass off right now

Reactions: 3 people
My wife has been following the keto diet for about six months now. I noticed her overall health improvements so I decided to give it a shot about a month ago.
I am 39 and have always tried to maintain my overall health but over the last week I have really noticed my energy levels going through the roof. I have actually extended my workouts the last few days.

Thanks, I work long hours and it's pretty physical work. I could use the extra energy. Lol

screw elixirs. Give me regular ol d'addarios any day. I've got a Diaon 78 Heritage. best cheap guitar i've ever played. beautiful little japanese guitar. they weren't made for long, if you can find one, they're not expensive. problem is nobody sells em.
a ton of session players used to play them in the 80s and 90s. billy joe walker jr. played almost nothing else on sessions as i recall. it's worth checking out eBay for if one is looking for reasonably priced awesome acoustic

Wait wait wait wait...you mean to tell me you can actually put music to the songs you sing on here!!

Reactions: 2 people
screw elixirs. Give me regular ol d'addarios any day.

He may or may not know about Gruden, but he is on the right track here.

Martin Retros are pretty sweet too. I typically am not a Martin string fan, but these strings bring a little character out of your guitar. Especially mahogany. I play the Tony Rice gauge on my Collings D1A

Don't bring baseball thread into the Gruden thread haha

Baseball team is going to be exciting this year, still a year away but they will surprise a few people this year. Pick’em will be starting SOON......

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back