Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like a deep and punchy sound in guitars. A lot depends on the kind of music you want to play. If you are a strummer and want to play and sing rock covers than I’d look for something that mimicks a Taylor or Gibson. In my opinion if you want to learn to pick and play country or bluegrass I’d go for something that mimnicks a Martin. My experience in cheap guitars that (to me) sound like a Martin are Alvarez and Takamine. Martin DM and Blueridge are a little more expensive but sound great for the price.

or you can always put a little bit back and eventually save up for a j-45

:)

Watched a guy get closer and closer to a deer in Cades Cove the other day. He finally came to his senses when the buck stood up. Was kind of expecting to see a rendition of this gif.

Get a load of this.

My aunt (hate to admit she is blood but she is) married this guy named Stoney. His brothers name was Rockey. Haha setuously.

Anyway, Stoney was driving home and hit a doe with his car. It was an old Cadillac and built like a tank. Didn't hurt the car but it killed the doe, he thought it did anyway.

So not one to waste good venison, Stoney drags this doe and puts her in the back seat of his Caddy. He can't put her in the trunk because it's full of firewood.

Starts driving down the road and hears a noise from the back seat. Looks in his rear view mirror and this doe is staring back at him.

So he pulls over and tries to figure out what do do about it. He does know she has a broken leg so he decides that the best course of action is to put her out of her misery.

He doesn't have a gun but he does have some firewood in the trunk. He figures he can bonk her in the head, knock her out and then pull her out and finish the job with his pocket knife. That way he won't get blood all in his car.

Sounded good in theory but poor execution did him in.

Gets his firewood and tries to bonk her in the head. She keeps ducking and he keeps missing. He then decides to get back there with her and hold her down and do it.

That was his biggest mistake of the day.

That doe beat the ever living hell out of him.

He had a black eye, bloody nose, busted lip, and assorted scrapes and bruises.

I will give him props, he did finish the job but it was more in self defense than anything.

He pulls into my grandmother's house and gets out looking like he just went through a crypts initiation.

When he told me and showed me the doe, I laughed for 10 minutes straight.

Top 3 funniest thing I ever heard of.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
I like a deep and punchy sound in guitars. A lot depends on the kind of music you want to play. If you are a strummer and want to play and sing rock covers than I’d look for something that mimicks a Taylor or Gibson. In my opinion if you want to learn to pick and play country or bluegrass I’d go for something that mimnicks a Martin. My experience in cheap guitars that (to me) sound like a Martin are Alvarez and Takamine. Martin DM and Blueridge are a little more expensive but sound great for the price.

Definitely country/bluegrass

Back when I was a kid, we used to blow up beaver dams with dynamite. Little suckers could re-dam a running drainage ditch in no time. Finally ran them out when we found their hut and blew it, after some strategic noise making in the area to try to get them to run back to safety before we set the charge off.

I’m not sure if this guy blew it up or not as I don’t live there full time but he said he may “disturb the land” a bit but he would fix it back.....

You know what, by God? I know what I oughta do tonight. Mmm-hmm. I'm gonna call up the boys and get the band together. We're gonna have a party. Party our asses off. I'd love to show them that damn Grude_Awakening. They'd get a real kick out of him. You know they would.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are buying a guitar, do not get too hung up on the brand. There are horrible guitars that were very expensive, and cheap guitars that are a joy to play. Find something comfortable, try different scale lengths, and different string gauges. Then, when you buy it, have it set up by a pro the first time and make them teach you about intonation. After that, play it until your fingers bleed!

Sorry, I love guitars. I'll shut up now.

agree I have a applause that I pick up first over my others

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back