Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, Dave Hart isn't interviewing in New York, per Hubbs, which they originally said was when he would get a lot of interviews in. Here we are 15 days after DD fired and we seriously have only had 2 interviews (supposedly)? I dont buy it and wont until the new coach is introduced and its not Gruden. Get Gruden Dave, dam

Thanks Coasty, I just am not buying the BS that the reason Strong has not recruited well is because he is at Louisville. I bet Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier and Sumerlin would all have top 10 classes if they were at Louisville. Cop out excuses will blow up in our face and then we will be faced with more years of mediocre football.

We have to hire a coach who can battle for the top recruits and be able to coach them up to their full potential. Strong is not the man that can do both.........NEXT

The problem as I see it, Strong already makes right at 3mil now. If we offer him say 3.5, you know Louisville will at least match meaning we'll probably have to be prepared to pay him 4 at least. Is Charlie Strong really worth 4 million dollars? I don't think so!

Thanks Coasty, I just am not buying the BS that the reason Strong has not recruited well is because he is at Louisville. I bet Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier and Sumerlin would all have top 10 classes if they were at Louisville. Cop out excuses will blow up in our face and then we will be faced with more years of mediocre football.

We have to hire a coach who can battle for the top recruits and be able to coach them up to their full potential. Strong is not the man that can do both.........NEXT

I think Strong might have a top 10 class by signing day.

:)

big_bird_romney_7.jpeg

Thats what im talkin about.

This just in:

Hart to start interviewing sesame street characters in ny. Thats why he is not interviewing coaches. Big bird is assembling his staff as we speak!

Reactions: 1 person
The problem as I see it, Strong already makes right at 3mil now. If we offer him say 3.5, you know Louisville will at least match meaning we'll probably have to be prepared to pay him 4 at least. Is Charlie Strong really worth 4 million dollars? I don't think so!

Louisville pays that much for Strong? Impressive...for a fb coach at a basketball school

Plus the buyout... then you are past Saban/Gruden territory. He's not worth that tier of money at all.

Soooo, Dave Hart isn't interviewing in New York, per Hubbs, which they originally said was when he would get a lot of interviews in. Here we are 15 days after DD fired and we seriously have only had 2 interviews (supposedly)? I dont buy it and wont until the new coach is introduced and its not Gruden. Get Gruden Dave, dam

Is Charlie Strong really that good, that we don't even interview anyone else? Mora Jr. Said he was interested, so why not at least interview him?

Spending my time in Fantasy Land beats the Real World by a mile. I'll daydream about what it will be like, until they announce somebody else. Doesn't cost my anything either way.

Whoever we get, I'll still look for reasons to be happy about the hire.

Great post volly I agree. Still hoping for Gruden but I will try to find the postives in whoever is the next coach.

Could drink a beer and at least LISTEN to a Mora press conference with optimism..

Barring Gruden doesn't show up the gold.

I'm in for like $30 or so.

I think it may cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000 for the newpaper. Production costs could be anything.

Having said that I'd match at least $500 if this was really going to be done by VN Posters.

The fact that we have over 8,000,000 page views in less than 2 months for these threads compared to 15,000,000 page views per month for all of the Knox New-Sentinel suggests that we may already be reaching our audience.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back