Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
just posted to 247

hey newssentinal and govols247. wake up!! u are being used as a smokescreen for an unknown coach as well as being spoon-fed these stories. why dont u get a clue?

now for cancellation

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks Coasty, I just am not buying the BS that the reason Strong has not recruited well is because he is at Louisville. I bet Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier and Sumerlin would all have top 10 classes if they were at Louisville. Cop out excuses will blow up in our face and then we will be faced with more years of mediocre football.

We have to hire a coach who can battle for the top recruits and be able to coach them up to their full potential. Strong is not the man that can do both.........NEXT

Come on Gman. This is not to say that Strong is my top choice or he will be at UT. But to compare anyone at Louisville to LSU or Alabama is kind of ridiculous. Miles is based in Louisiana, one of the richest regions for HS talent. I dont think Miles recruits better at Louisville. Alabama is Alabama and right in the middle of Georgia, Florida, and Alabama talent. Richt is smack dab in the middle of a talent rich state. How can you compare a coach who is in Kentucky, which probably has worse talent then TN. You have to sell players to travel unless you can tap into Ohio, which is tough because of OSU, Cincy, and Michigan. Louisville recruits a lot in Florida, and it isn't easy when you have to get them to travel 750-1000 miles. Just wait until South Florida makes their new hire.

I am not saying that Strong will win championships at UT but I think your analysis and comparison of the recruiting landscape is off.

I think it may cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000 for the newpaper. Production costs could be anything.

Having said that I'd match at least $500 if this was really going to be done by VN Posters.

The fact that we have over 8,000,000 page views in less than 2 months for these threads compared to 15,000,000 page views per month for all of the Knox New-Sentinel suggests that we may already be reaching our audience.

Can you fill me in on what's goin on chatt? Didn't catch ur first post about this

. I bet Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier and Sumerlin would all have top 10 classes if they were at Louisville.

That might be the dumbest statement made on VN all year. Perhaps you should investigate sumlin and his recruiting classes in the rich state of Texas when he was at Houston or maybe even Sabans classes at michigan state. Maybe even check and make sure spurrier has been a top 10 type recruiter at South Carolina. While our checking tell us How many top 10 classes miles had at Oklahoma state. I can't believe people would respect this kind of nonsense is a post!!

Hey now coasty. I like you but watch the cks talk. :p

Edit: don't get me wrong. I'm vfl but cnu is my alma mater and I'm eagle for life also

I graduated from CN(should still be CNC), played baseball there, and CKS is not a great coach of Xs Os. His assistants were always good and he got some DI talent that couldn't qualify (I knew FSU, NCSt, and UT drop outs due to grades that played for him). That said he might still have done better than Dooley and some good coaches are good coaches bc they hire good assistants

just posted to 247

hey newssentinal and govols247. wake up!! u are being used as a smokescreen for an unknown coach as well as being spoon-fed these stories. why dont u get a clue?

now for cancellation

Lmfao, finally someone is standing up and doin what's rt, they r ripping a$$ holes for bogus info when u get it here free

Hey now coasty. I like you but watch the cks talk. :p

Edit: don't get me wrong. I'm vfl but cnu is my alma mater and I'm eagle for life also

I actually like cks... had to brothers who went attended cn as well.... know many from there but been many moons ago

Reactions: 1 person
I'm gonna have another bowl of spicy cheerios...they grow on you. They are much spicier than you would expect

Well I am going to check out for a few to have some dinner and watch our future coach on MNF. See yall in the interwebz after while.

That might be the dumbest statement made on VN all year. Perhaps you should investigate sumlin and his recruiting classes in the rich state of Texas when he was at Houston or maybe even Sabans classes at michigan state. Maybe even check and make sure spurrier has been a top 10 type recruiter at South Carolina. I can't believe people would respect this kind of nonsense is a post!!
I don't know Bruin...there have been some doozies! :birgits_giggle:

Reactions: 2 people
I graduated from CN(should still be CNC), played baseball there, and CKS is not a great coach of Xs Os. His assistants were always good and he got some DI talent that couldn't qualify (I knew FSU, NCSt, and UT drop outs due to grades that played for him). That said he might still have done better than Dooley and some good coaches are good coaches bc they hire good assistants

Oh I agree completely but even if its the assistants, the man knew how to get them there and find a way to win...and definitely agree about it still being CNC. it was when I graduated not too long ago. Was a music major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back