Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, no one on Twitter seems to be showing Gruden any love for his work on MNF tonight - I mean no one. Maybe it is time for a move back into coaching.

Soon...

Out of those three, I want Mora, but I'm afraid he'll leave us, too. Atlanta area knows him and might be good for recruits. Also, he almost went to the superbowl with Vick.

Yes Deployed National Guard. I am from Chattanooga.

I know this thread is about getting Gruden to Knoxville but I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to XVol64 for your services and he is the reason we get to sit and contribute to this board. So from me to you.....THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Who wants Mora considering he would be leaving UCLA in the same way dip**** left us? After one year?

I dont care about that as long as we give him a huge buyout so he cant leave us. Its business, i cant blame kiffin for doing what he did.

tennessee conducting one final interview tonight in nyc, jim mora of ucla. Tennessee previously interviewed charlie strong (in indy on fri.) and mike gundy (at his home on sunday). Sources tell us tennessee is expected make an announcement tomorrow out of that pool of 3.

-wes rucker

noooooo lets get this paper out til their announcement

Mora > Strong > Gundy

Interesting enough via Wiki:

On December 10, 2011, the UCLA Bruins announced the hiring of Mora as head coach, replacing alumnus Rick Neuheisel. Mora signed a five-year contract for $12 million, plus incentives. He immediately went to work as the Head Coach by hiring Adrian Klemm, Steve Broussard, Demitrice Martin and Eric Yarber as assistant coaches. Each is known for nationally renowned recruiting prowess. The results came early, as UCLA landed a consensus #12 ranked recruiting class in 2012 after having a class ranked in the high 40s at Rick Neuheisel's departure.[13][14]

Maybe but the usual suspects have turned us down before and I am not sure you want somebody here just because we paid more. Up routing your family with the motivation of only a paycheck may not be the best for the program.

Oh I agree but you have to agree no big time coach will come here unless you pay very well. It would have to be the right situation. I definitely don't want a hired mercenary type but that's kinda how I look at Saban. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back