Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to even remotely compare would be to go back and look at how the named coaches ended up in recruiting after their 3rd head coaching year. As I stated earlier, I think Strong could end up with a top 10 class at UT this year.

So do you think that Strong can out coach and out recruit Miles, Saban, Spurrier, Richt, Muschap, in the SEC and/or C Kelly, B Kelly, Stoops, Swinney, J Fisher, Shaw, Mora, because that's who he will to beat out in recruiting and on the field.

REMINDER FROM SBV POST AROUND 6:30 today

Since a lot of you are asking - my stance on Gruden/Coaching Search in Gernal:

I do still think Gruden is possible. Way to much contradicting information out there. Inside the AD there is a lot of conflicting info - from people who should know either way.

I think Strong is a real possibility as well.

Honestly, I still believe it's Gruden - but I will wait to see who is officially announced instead of trying to react to all of the noise.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a question... How can you interview a person and announce the hiring the next day?

Seem to me that there would have to be a little more to it than that....:)

My name is Wes Rucker. I call myself a journalist, but anytime someone disagrees with me on twitter, I act like a little 12 year old girl and show my strong e-muscle ($)

Reactions: 3 people
Rucker makes back to back announcements within minutes of each other, one says announcement tomorrow, the other says Wednesday. Hmmm...

I think the order in which they interviewed them is telling...strong was top of the list followed by gundy then mora

That was my opinion not Harts. I really don't want Gundy... i want us to be a good defensive team first and foremost. Just dont think Gundy would mesh well in SEC style of play.

Last edited:
:eek:hmy:

Like reading from a script! We're getting Gruden!

I agree with you on this they are interviewing but they haven't actually sit down and talked turkey with these guys I just think that either this deal has been done for some time and they put out all this misinformation to get people off the back of the university and jon gruden.

Tennessee conducting one final interview tonight in NYC, Jim Mora of UCLA. Tennessee previously interviewed Charlie Strong (in Indy on Fri.) and Mike Gundy (at his home on Sunday). Sources tell us Tennessee is expected make an announcement tomorrow out of that pool of 3.

-Wes Rucker

Announcment saying no one has fit the bill, will be naming an Interim interim HC...

Reactions: 1 person
The screen door to the farmer's porch
To the back porch, to the backlands
It's never left closed

This one was written for my friend in Oxford:

There's a swarm of yellowjackets
Pounding against my window pane
There's a big ol' brama bull
Busting up my shotgun shack

I have a question... How can you interview a person and announce the hiring the next day?

Seem to me that there would have to be a little more to it than that....:)
I was actually thinking the same but I don't know very much about coaching searches so color me confused. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back